|--------------|--------------------------|
|--------10---|--------------------------|
|--------10---|-----------10------------|
|-----8h10---|-----------10-----------|
|--------------|---------8-10-----------|
|--------------|--------------------------|

The first example is used alot in hendrix songs, but I dont really see how it is executed. Is it the same thing as the second example ( yes I know the second is a string down but you get the idea)? Or is it (very loosely) like sweep picking it, where you sweep the frist string and quickly the other 2 strings when you hammer on the note.
i am interested to learn this as well!
Quote by Nakon14

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Crate GTD65
Vox DA5
To be sweep it, it should look like this:

|------------10--|
|---------10-----|
|------10--------|
|----8-----------|
|-----------------|
|-----------------|

If it looks like this:

|--------------|
|-------10---|
|-------10---|
|-----8h10--|
|--------------|
|--------------|

The it's played exactly like the second example (obviously using an hammer on).

Hope it helps =)

[]
Guitars:
Jackson WRXT + EMG 81/85
Les Paul
Ibanez SZ320
Amps:
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 30X
Effects:
Dunlop Cry-baby
Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive
Synthetizer:
Roland EXR-5
the first bar, play the d 8, then hammer down on the 10 while strumming the g and b 10. the pattern would go:

strum, hammer + strum
well, how about you hammer down the 10 on strings DGB while picking only G and B?
Quote by Tanooki
the first bar, play the d 8, then hammer down on the 10 while strumming the g and b 10. the pattern would go:

strum, hammer + strum

i dont got the rythm or flow to play it as consecutively as most of his songs go but that was basicly how i was thinking it would go
how i would play this is very simple but painfull for begginers... you have to have your pointer on the 8 then u hit ithe 10's on the up stroke hammeron the bottom 10 and strum up for the rest. i would use the ring finger but the middle if u can if you have hands the size of the jolly green giant.
Index on the 8th fret, and hammer on the barre on the 10th with the ring finger is how I would play it.
What I'd do is play the hammer-on'ed note with my ring finger and sweep the rest with my ring finger, barring. Seems like the best option to me.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.