Can it be done? Cause I want to switch the neck humbucker in my Schecter for a nice single coil setup, but I want to know if it's possible first before I realise "oh sh*t, I really shouldn't have done that."

Also, does anyone have any recommendations? I was looking at single coil EMGs cause they're fairly cheap around where I live.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Maybe just do a coil tap. All you would need to buy is a push pull pot and maybe have someone wire it if you don't know what you're doing.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
If its possible, I reckon I'll just go with getting new pickups. Any recommendations other than the EMG, and where can I buy them?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
humbucker sized p-90's are pretty cheap, and are available in a good selection of colours, and they're are 2 different types , mean 90s and dream 90s, I want to get one of the mean 90s for my guitar, but I just bought a new guitar so I cant afford it ;_; I've heard they charge a good bit for shipping, so you know.
http://store.guitarfetish.com/me90glbltral.html
http://store.guitarfetish.com/gfsdr90blbow.html
seymour duncan makes some like these as well, but theyre alot more than $30
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
coil split ftw

this needs to be in GBnC too
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
I put it there. I'm thinking of putting Jazzmaster pickups or the like in also.
Quote by Cathbard