Did a little bit of a search, but I might have been too exact with the results I was looking for.

I'm writing a song that (for right now) is starting with clean guitar with bass backing it, along the lines of Fade to Black, One, Sanitarium, what have you. I'm writing a solo that I want to sound 'epic' if I may. But I don't want to sound cheesy and cliche'.

That may be hard with the keys and scales I'm in. The 'song' starts in G Double Harmonic and the solo starts at the key change to C Major. I don't want the entire solo to be this way, but I do want to add some dissidince so it doesn't sound way too commercial.

I'm sure a lot of people know about this site, but if any of you could help me out, here's the site I'm using to assist me in keys, scales, and such. Guitar Scale website
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6
Squier Strat (signed by Rob Zombie!)

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensenble
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
firstly, i think the word you're looking for is "dissonant"
secondly, the most dissonant intervals are minor seconds and diminished 5ths. Augmented and diminished arpeggios are also dissonant. Kirk Hammet often plays a motif, then plays it down one fret and descends the neck like that. Messing with the timing isn't technically dissonant but doesn't make for easy listening.
thank you, greatly appreciate your help.
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6
Squier Strat (signed by Rob Zombie!)

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original