So last night my buddy gave me a guitar. It needs some work but it was free so no complaints. Anyways, when I plug in it wont play. I hear it trying to and I think I got it to work when it way laying flat on its back ( I'm not sure though as I was very drunk). Also I cant find this guitar anywhere on the web so if someone could help me there as well that would be great.

Pictures are too large so I will have to describe it... Its a lotus. Strat body. When I opened the input jack it all looked connected (I think so anyways, I'm not sure what its supposed to look like). There was one wire that split to attach to the jack at the top and to another section under it that appears to be some sort of ring? The back is opened up revealing the springs for the broken cheap trem arm and in the middle of them is a wire, black as apposed to the gray wire at the jack, that attaches to the thing that holds the springs in place. The thing that holds them in place has two screws (cant see the thread) that are going into the body toward the bolt on neck. What is the point of this wire?

If anyone can tell me what my problem might be from that horrible description that would be great. I will be around to give more info and to clear up anything that may be confusing.

It says Dimarzio on the bridge, is that a cheap brand like I assume?

EDIT: This is the most unhelpful UG has ever been! A whole hour and nobody, out of three thousand people, can answer a single on of my questions? Thanks a whole lot.
Last edited by red18420 at Aug 26, 2008,
Pics would be nice. Dimarzio is famous for its passive pickups, I'm not sure if they make good bridges, I've never even heard of Dimarzio bridges.
Dimarzio's are phenomenal pickups, but bridges? I don't think they make bridges.
edit:
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Dimarzio's are phenomenal pickups, but bridges? I don't think they make bridges.

Thats what it says.

Pictures can be found on my myspace, If you want to see it ask me and ill pm you with the url.
When I opened the input jack it all looked connected (I think so anyways, I'm not sure what its supposed to look like). There was one wire that split to attach to the jack at the top and to another section under it that appears to be some sort of ring? The back is opened up revealing the springs for the broken cheap trem arm and in the middle of them is a wire, black as apposed to the gray wire at the jack, that attaches to the thing that holds the springs in place. The thing that holds them in place has two screws (cant see the thread) that are going into the body toward the bolt on neck. What is the point of this wire?

that's a ground wire. stops hum.

there should be two wires connected to the output jack. a black and a white.

the cavity where you found the wire runing to the trem is the trem cavity.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011