ok im pretty decent at bass adn by that i mean i can easily play guns n roses bass parts, but im learning to fingerpick and im ok but you knwo hwo your sopposed to alternate between your 2 fingers? well without even trying its just teh way i would naturaly do it i want to use my middle finger to pluck the higher frets and my index to pluck the lower and last frets and notes id play in a bass line, like if it was the E string and the frets were 8 7 6 5 id play middle finger,index finger, middle finger, index finger, and if it was 5 6 7 8 in that order i would play it index, middle, index , middle, and if it was like, 7 6 4 i always pluck middle, middle, index so i always want to end the highest note with my middle and the lowest wiht my index finger, is that a problum should i work really hard on just alternating and finger cordination or should i just roll with it and play that wiht since its what i want to naturaly do?
Quote by IEatOrphans
Run....JUST RUN!

Before the grammar nazi's get here.

Your avatar brings me lulz.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Quote by kerjacklebass&!
ok im pretty decent at bass adn by that i mean i can easily play guns n roses bass parts, but im learning to fingerpick and im ok but you knwo hwo your sopposed to alternate between your 2 fingers? well without even trying its just teh way i would naturaly do it i want to use my middle finger to pluck the higher frets and my index to pluck the lower and last frets and notes id play in a bass line, like if it was the E string and the frets were 8 7 6 5 id play middle finger,index finger, middle finger, index finger, and if it was 5 6 7 8 in that order i would play it index, middle, index , middle, and if it was like, 7 6 4 i always pluck middle, middle, index so i always want to end the highest note with my middle and the lowest wiht my index finger, is that a problum should i work really hard on just alternating and finger cordination or should i just roll with it and play that wiht since its what i want to naturaly do?

Dood... just play how this guy plays:

Honestly.... it's not thaaaat hard, it's the bass!
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
Quote by patrickrh

Dood... just play how this guy plays:

Honestly.... it's not thaaaat hard, it's the bass!

ok then so your one of hte ppl that think bass is really easy, well i just want to be the the best i can be ok so shut up that was when he picked wiht this thumb you cant play the style he plays wiht just your thumb thats wayyyyy to slow so obviously you knwo nothing about bass
HOLY ****!

Where the HELL did you learn to type?!

And Victor Wooten doesnt pick with his thumb dumbass, that's slapping and popping he's doing up there.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
HOLY ****!

Where the HELL did you learn to type?!

And Victor Wooten doesnt pick with his thumb dumbass, that's slapping and popping he's doing up there.

i typed to fast and messed up shut up and i know he slaps and pops i dont live in a cave i just guessed he could be finger picking with his thumb cuase ppl do that ok, holy crap you loser relax
Just watch Steve Harris and John Myung play.
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

Quote by kerjacklebass&!
i typed to fast and messed up shut up and i know he slaps and pops i dont live in a cave i just guessed he could be finger picking with his thumb cuase ppl do that ok, holy crap you loser relax

Well slow down, and type calmly. Are you late for something???

Every bassist I've ever met doesnt pick with their thumb, they say it's too slow. Why would one of the best bassists alive do it???

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic

Every bassist I've ever met doesnt pick with their thumb, they say it's too slow. Why would one of the best bassists alive do it???

im not sayin good bassists do it im saying its been done, mainly by guitarists thta know a little bass that i know so its not a good way to play im just saying thats what i thought of first which is dumb comsidering its victer wooten or however you spell it and alot of really advanced bassists will use fingers and thumbs to play like if they want to hit a low note quick but keep thier fingers in a certain area i see that alot
Quote by valennic

for teh lulz...
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
Quote by kerjacklebass&!
im not sayin good bassists do it im saying its been done, mainly by guitarists thta know a little bass that i know so its not a good way to play im just saying thats what i thought of first which is dumb comsidering its victer wooten or however you spell it and alot of really advanced bassists will use fingers and thumbs to play like if they want to hit a low note quick but keep thier fingers in a certain area i see that alot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dWb-aCWR8U

No thumb picking.....and he does slapping and popping while holding his fingers in the same place, yes,, but still.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhAGR95WG5c

He doesnt use thumbs at all.

It's called practice, use it.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic