http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-C-1-Hellraiser-FR-Electric-Guitar-513134-i1176872.gc

Well personally I like the black cherry the best but i was just curious as to why the black finish is more expensive? A lot of people like the black cherry finish on this better.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
Just look at it.... It all has to do with the Top veneer. The lovely textured wood is not underneath the paint on the white one, it just doesnt exist. The extra cost is for the extra work of veneering the top, quite hard on a carved top guitar like this

Gear:
Ibanez JPM P100A
Schecter C7 Loomis
Ibanez Rg1570
Agile Intrepid 828 Pro Dual
Schecter Omen FR Extreme
Ibanez RG550 (Fernandez Sustainer)
Laney World Series 120-TR
POD X3 Live
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Hellraiser-Electric-Guitar?sku=518451
same price here. maybe black is more expensive because demand is less. less demand=higher prices. that's why gas is still expensive even though a barrel isnt that expensive....
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by blue_bogan
Just look at it.... It all has to do with the Top veneer. The lovely textured wood is not underneath the paint on the white one, it just doesnt exist. The extra cost is for the extra work of veneering the top, quite hard on a carved top guitar like this

He was actually asking why the straight black finish is more expensive than the cherry wood finish.

Anyway, I actually think that they all cost the same ($850)...the cheaper value is for the blemished items.
crazy talking animals
Quote by mrvile
He was actually asking why the straight black finish is more expensive than the cherry wood finish.

Anyway, I actually think that they all cost the same ($850)...the cheaper value is for the blemished items.

Why does it list the hellraiser with floyd rose as 738.63-849.99?

The black one is just listed as 849.99 but the black cherry and white finishes are listed as 738.63-849.99.

So idk does that mean those are 738.63? I hope so lol.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
Quote by apak
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Hellraiser-Electric-Guitar?sku=518451
same price here. maybe black is more expensive because demand is less. less demand=higher prices. that's why gas is still expensive even though a barrel isnt that expensive....

That is the total inverse of how you run a business... sell high on what is selling as people will snap it up, go low on what isn't to move it and make room for what is selling at a premium.

Comparing blems is hard so let's leave those out as they are priced case-by-case. The reason I GUESS the black costs more is the finishing process is more involved. With black, every little imperfection shows, so it takes more work to get it right. Same goes for a white guitar, but to a lesser extent. Then, on the clear, the cost of putting a veneer on is the same as making sure the other two look perfect.
in this case one is blemished. that's the cheaper one on the page.

it'll have a minor scratch or similar.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011