i know i'm probably gonna get so much **** on here for saying that but i just don't get it. i hear their songs and i feel they're mediocre at best. now they are great musicians, no denying that. and yea they do have a few songs i absolutely ****ing love, but i mean, even a blind man can sink a basket if you give him good enough directions. i just don't hear it. i have bought that early days and latter days best of thing and i can't sit and finish it. and you'd think i'd love them cuz one of my favorite bands are the foo fighters and dave grohl worships them. so yea i dunno, i guess i'm just trying to find out if there's anyone else who doesn't think they're all that great.
the arsonist had oddly shaped feet...
That's cool man. Not everyone likes the same kind of band. I happen to only like a couple songs from them.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Quote by cjblack532
That's cool man. Not everyone likes the same kind of band. I happen to only like a couple songs from them.

i only really like stairway and the one where he sings been a long time over and over again.

oh but seriously, one of the best songs of all time...immigrant song...love it
the arsonist had oddly shaped feet...
yeah, i don't like them that much although i respect thier skill
Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by bass-boy-garith
well done mr. kiss my bass, well done
A lot of people on UG dislike them.

I don't happen to be one of them.
"Let's not be too rough on our own ignorance. I mean, after all, it's the thing that makes America great." - Frank Zappa while on the Arsenio Hall Show

Quote by vintage x metal
On a side note, TS, love the username. I'd kill to be under you.
wwwaaaahhh!?!?! there are people who dont like led zeppelin!?

EDIT: i want to hear black zeppelins debate on this
Last edited by Littleangus44 at Aug 26, 2008,
i used to really be obsessed with em. now, eh, their okay. not really into em any more
LTD KH-602
Schecter Hellraiser C-8
Bugera 333X
Pedalboard:
Boss TU-2, HM-2
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Crybaby From Hell
Way Huge Swollen Pickel
DeviEver: Legend of Fuzz
MXR Phase 90 Script, Carbon Copy, MC-401
Some people follow the led religiously, almost cult like (no joke there really are some people) and then their are others.

apples and oranges, its your opinion.
I don't like marmalade. Did I make a thread about it? No. So go away.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by stackedxactor
i know i'm probably gonna get so much **** on here for saying that but i just don't get it. i hear their songs and i feel they're mediocre at best. now they are great musicians, no denying that. and yea they do have a few songs i absolutely ****ing love, but i mean, even a blind man can sink a basket if you give him good enough directions. i just don't hear it.i have bought that early days and latter days best of thing and i can't sit and finish it. and you'd think i'd love them cuz one of my favorite bands are the foo fighters and dave grohl worships them. so yea i dunno, i guess i'm just trying to find out if there's anyone else who doesn't think they're all that great.

if only the lolwut pear wasn't banned....

how the phuck does that pertain to you not liking Led Zep?!
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
while i want to flame you...

but i realize that u should have ur opinion

dam freedom... lol
In diesem Herz hab ich die Macht.

Gear:
Fender MIM HSS Strat (Wine Red)
VOX Valvetronix VT20+
Kay K390 Acoustic
i enjoy how most of the responses (maybe not the last few above mine) are relatively nice. the pit amazes me more and more these days. not just filled with hateful little buggers. thanks for giving me hope
I used to enjoy them a lot more. I basically burned out on the band.

I still listen to them from time to time. I think that their albums from between Led Zeppelin III and Presence are solid, and the others are good as well. They're definitely a studio band, in my opinion - live they were either hit or miss (even on "hits" Jimmy was a sloppy bastard ).

I don't see why this deserves a thread, though. I mean, I don't like a lot of bands, but who really gives a ****?
I love 'em. Favorite band. But hey, if you don't like 'em, you just don't like 'em. I'll only respect your opinion if you respect mine.
only song i like by them is the immigrant song.

stairway to heaven is the most overrated song of all time.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
Quote by break-me-in
I don't like marmalade. Did I make a thread about it? No. So go away.

There is a 90% chance that when a rock fan is asked, "Do you like Led Zeppelin," they will say yes. This is not the case with marmalade. There are people who get pissed if people don't like Led Zeppelin.

Honestly, quit being a dick.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
WHAT!?!?!?

nah, actually i like worship at led zepplins feet, not liek cult style liek the man101 mentioned above but i really enjoy their music. yeah its totally alright if u don't liek them. soem ppl pretend to be in love with them because thats just what a lot of ppl think of when u say rock and roll but i jsut enjoy their music a lot. its all up to u. but saying u don't like led zeppelin on a guitar site is pretty ballsy lol. they do have some extremely good songs for learnign on the guitar however. stairway to heaven is typpical but a huge breakthru fo rme way back when i learnt it. btw i love foo fighters too gonna go see them at v-fest in like 2 a week itll be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
i respect u dont like them i do imo. but why make a pointless thread about not liking them?
Quote by Green_Jelly

Quote by gnomieowns
damn. can't you get your girlfrie...
nevermind.
Right now you're offending at least 75% of the Pit.

jackson warrior on the way in $400
"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
Eh, they're okay.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
SOMEONE is bound to not like them. i like the band but i dont think stairway to heaven is as good as its cracked up to be. guess that makes me a little different too. i just like the harder and faster tunes.