I'm going to be receiving roughly $200 - $250 for an amp , and I don't know what kind of acoustic amp to choose

reccomend me something
here's a question about acoustic amps that i was considering, so i might as well add it to this thread. why are they all ss? i have never seen a tube acoustic amp.
Quote by tona_107
here's a question about acoustic amps that i was considering, so i might as well add it to this thread. why are they all ss? i have never seen a tube acoustic amp.

The amp for electric guitar should actually produce the sound. So it's better to be tube in order to make a high quality sound.
But in acoustics, the sound is produced by wood. The amp should just amplify it. So SS is enough.
Quote by faramarz
The amp for electric guitar should actually produce the sound. So it's better to be tube in order to make a high quality sound.
But in acoustics, the sound is produced by wood. The amp should just amplify it. So SS is enough.

Umm... I'm not quite sure if that's right, but my understanding is that SS amps produce less distortion at higher volumes. If you run an acoustic through a tube at higher volumes you'll distort the sound. The point of buying an acoustic to begin with it to have the guitar SOUND like an acoustic, so running it through a tube defeats the whole purpose of having an acoustic guitar.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
I bought a Cheap PA mixer to amp my acoustic. It sounds better then the fender acoustisonic a friend of mine has.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD