Hey this is my first post, I was wondering if someone could help me figure out what's wrong with my pickup.... I looked up other threads and people mentioned how to wire the pickups, but I couldn't find out how to actually screw in the humbuckers. I have a mexican Fender HSS strat and I unscrewed the pickguard, to remove the plastic laminate under the screws, and the humbucker fell out of the pickguard, and I had to put it back together. It seems pretty basic on how to do it, but somehow I did it wrong and now no noise comes out of the humbucker, unless if I press down on the screws. I've messed with it by loosening and tightening the screws and everything else. Any ideas before I take it to the shop? Thankyou.
well thats probably to do with the wiring. you might have accidently ripped the wire out from the pot or somthing.

either that or its just short circuiting :/

sounds strange though. thats never happened to me
Gear:

Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Fender Telecaster USA
Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sheraton
Jackson KE3 Kelly Pro
Boss Super Chorus
Boss Super Overdrive
MXR Carbon Copy
Morley Pro Series Wah/Volume/Distortion
t.bone wireless system.
you took the whole guard off?

it's possible a wire is now loose.

did you want to take off thae guard again and snap a picture?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
its the wiring i suppose, unless you took the little black thning that covers the sides of your humbucker. I did that to a PAF Pro and it doesnt work well now it was a great pickup.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Well what actually happened was as I was about halfway done unscrewing the pickguard, I accidentally loosened one of the screws that holds the humbucker to the pickguard, not the pickguard to the body. This collapsed it into the cavity of the body. so I had to take the whole thing off to reposition it.

I'm gonna take a picture to put on here, but with my limited knowledge of wiring it appears I haven't broken anything, all the wires look OK. Could I have put the pickup in backwards? Also if I press on the screw holding the humbucker, It does produce a sound. This leads me to believe that the pickup just isn't grounded.
yes, that;s exactly correct. your finger is completing the ground and you're getting noise.

but most likely because a ground wire is loose or off, caused by the pup falling off the guard.

upsidedown would still work, unless you twisted off a wire spinning the pickup into place.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I was gonna post pictures but I couldn't see anything wrong and the pictures didn't come out too good. I want to put in a new pickup anyways maybe nows the time