Thinking about buying one. Seems to be good price for what you get. Anyone got anything to say about this guitar?
i played one and wasn't terribly impressed with it. this is all opinion though. if you like it though then go for it.
IMO, it's quality and sound aren't that impressive
I got the feeling that they were just there to attract emo kids with their looks
the tone quality on epiphone les pauls are pretty good. i wouldn't buy the goth les paul, but that's up to you.
Quote by VortexOfSouls
the tone quality on epiphone les pauls are pretty good.

this is like a step or two below the LP Standard model
I think it's decent guitar to just beat around
Quote by dagurime
IMO, it's quality and sound aren't that impressive
I got the feeling that they were just there to attract emo kids with their looks

thats me
Quote by Reckd
gibson is better................

If he's looking at an Epi studio, how on earth could he afford a gibson!?
Quote by get ta led out!
Isnt that basically an all black les paul special?That's not good.

no, the studio is a good two or three steps up from a special II. It's one lower than the standard.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Aug 26, 2008,
Quote by x_Martyr_x
thats me

my suggestion: don't fall for it.... epiphone knows that you like that kinda design and want you to buy it because of the looks; Epi LP studios aren't worth it

if you must have a black les paul for your taste, I suggest looking into something like Agile. For decent price, they wipe the toilet with the lower-end epiphones
Quote by dagurime
my suggestion: don't fall for it.... epiphone knows that you like that kinda design and want you to buy it because of the looks; Epi LP studios aren't worth it

if you must have a black les paul for your taste, I suggest looking into something like Agile. For decent price, they wipe the toilet with the lower-end epiphones

you win. this man speaks the truth.
See how it has 'Studio' in the name? Yes, that means it's low-end junk. THis goes for both Epi and Gibson; I've tried all the 'Studio' models from both brands and they've all been awful.

Quote by Mecler
Need feedback? Turn up your gain.
Well played.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
i see that the goth LPS isnt very appreciated here. my budget for my new guitar is around $500. i have also been looking at ibanez guitars. im looking for a nice, full, heavy sound for playing down tuned songs ( mostly post-hardcore, hardcore, metalcore)
further advice would be much appreciated

x_Martyr_x
Schecter Damien 7.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Not bad... not great. Looks good, plays nice distorted rhythm... lead tone isn't great unless you have your amp settings just right. Clean tones sound... not so good.

There's a similar looking guitar by Cort which is pretty good, have a look around for it... other than that, for your genre, look at guitars by Ibanez like you said, maybe ESP. I personally hate LTD guitars, but that's up to you. Also make sure that either they have heavy gauge strings fitted, or buy a set to put on it. If you're tuning down to drop C or B... you'll need heavy gauge strings otherwise they'll be too loose and you won't be able to play properly.
Last edited by slickerthnsleek at Aug 27, 2008,
You can get a very decent guitar for well under five hundred bucks... Look into the Ibanez RG321 or something by Cort like for instance an M520 or Z44.
speaking of Cort, Cort EVL Z4 might be the guitar for you
the price is well in your budget, it's black, and les paul shaped
not to mention it's got that "goth" look if you are still after that

personally, it's not the greatest metal machine in the world, but i think for the price it's alright

u can probably find one in ebay

That Ibanez would do well for you. mine is a really cheap one and it still rocks for heavier stuff. even some blues if i tweak my amp right.
Just get an ebony standard :x

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
dagurime - Yeah, that's the Cort guitar that I mentioned on the last page. =]

That Ibanez guitar a few posts up is pretty awesome, I've played that one at my local music store through a Marshall 100W combo amp... it sounded great.