Ok, I am sure I am flame baiting here, but my bass player is playing guitar on some of our songs, and he needs a gig worthy amp. I have one, a Fender 85 Deluxe, but the distortion is not all that great. I was thinking her could get a DS-1 as a cheap solution. I tried my Big Muff through it, but it didn't sound all that great. So any other cheapish (30-60) distortion pedals choices are welcome to. More than willing to go used.
Eyes
Quote by woodenbandman
My dear man, I must petition you for photographic evidence, or the described events cannot be verified, and will be written off as fallacy.
I bought a used Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal. Simply amazing. Especially for $50.
Quote by thankyougermany
I'm not in there
Yeah, I was thinking about that. The Metal Zone gets alot of hate, but if your willing to sit down with it you can get amazing tone. I probably should have put down that he wants a radiohead/sonic youth/ indie/noise kinda tone. The Metal can do that, but not super awesome.
Eyes
Quote by woodenbandman
My dear man, I must petition you for photographic evidence, or the described events cannot be verified, and will be written off as fallacy.
If your amp is tube do NOT get a DS-1 or an MT-2.
Bad monkey would be perfect. If not, well you are not gonna find too much. Look used if possible.
A ds-1 is better for using in combination with whatever distortion your amp has, by itself is not so good

TG
Fighting for peace, is like screwing for virginity

Screw you Waldo, go find yourself!!!!