Am I the only one with this problem? I'm trying to read a chapter of my government book, 13 pages. I go through about three paragraphs, and then I realize I have no idea what I just read. I have to go back and slowly read everything. It's like I'm just looking at it. Is this just me or does everyone do this?
Just concentrate, make sure you're in a nice quiet place with no distractions.
yeah it sucks. happens when i read somethin im not interested in.
Originally Posted by bchoun
Whenever I went to take a dump, I would sit on the toilet facing the tank. I always thought the tank was an arm rest so I would rest my arms on it.
*waits for you have adhd response*

p.s i acutally have adhd and get that ALOT. but someone is going to say you do.
4 out of 5 dentists recommend leaving the pit for a gain of IQ points to take place.
Quote by landerson
4 out of 5 dentists recommend leaving the pit for a gain of IQ points to take place.

Hmmmm.....Dentists are pretty smart too.....
Step one: Turn off your PC, the internet will do nothing for your studies.
Step two: Actually concentrate on what you're reading.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Yeah dude, this happens to me too and it totally sucks. I just go to my school library and read. It's usually quiet there, and after I take my sweet ass time getting prepped for actual study and then finally get into "the zone," I can actually read my stupid textbooks! It must be all the TV and video games I played as a kid
Quote by newaccount
Am I the only one with this problem? I'm trying to read a chapter of my government book, 13 pages. I go through about three paragraphs, and then I realize I have no idea what I just read. I have to go back and slowly read everything. It's like I'm just looking at it. Is this just me or does everyone do this?

happens to me all the time, only if I'm reading boring stuff when I'm tired though (which is pretty much all the time)
Take notes. Summarize each section in your own words and write it down. If no one has taught you how to take notes, I am sorry for you and your peers. If you are still confused, remember that the first and last sentence of each paragraph usually summarizes the paragraph. At my school I was/am usually assigned to read 60-70 pages per day. Note-taking is highly effective in my opinion.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
Quote by newaccount

When I usually study, I read with questions in the back of my mind so I know I have a reason for reading it. Therefore when the question is answered, it clicks in my head, and then it sticks with me (luckily) until class the next day. So just write down or think of a bunch of questions that you think may be on whatever you study for.

Hope this helps.
Quote by mcrocks
I mean, some people still think that Rap is music, although that's been scientifically discredited.