Hey pit-monkies I understand that this isn't the best place to ask for car help but here's the deal. I'm trying to replace the wheel bearings on my 1995 Pontiac GrandAm, everything was going smoothly until I tried to remove those three bolts that hold the bearing to the car. There's about thirteen years of rust on them that I spent three hours tying to bust, I tried a propane torch, WD40, just about anything you can think of and they wouldn't budge. Anyone have any ideas that don't involve *********? It needs to be done soon before the bearings lock up.
-Rocker_46788
Quote by el-ECTRO
If your child can breathe, suspect drugs. Only people who breathe take drugs. People who cannot breathe still can, but it is increasingly difficult.
Take it to a shop?
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
WD-40 in a car is never a good idea: it's pointless and ****s the paint. Use a grinder and if you don't have one, take the car to a mechanic. When the rust is gone, you can use a pneumatic wrench, which I doubt you have. That's another reason to take it to a mechanic.
Brokeback Lego - Animation Movie I Made

Quote by \GuitarHero/
Our band mascot is a Muffin.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
Last edited by real_québécois at Aug 26, 2008,
Quote by rocker_46788
Hey pit-monkies I understand that this isn't the best place to ask for car help but here's the deal. I'm trying to replace the wheel bearings on my 1995 Pontiac GrandAm, everything was going smoothly until I tried to remove those three bolts that hold the bearing to the car. There's about thirteen years of rust on them that I spent three hours tying to bust, I tried a propane torch, WD40, just about anything you can think of and they wouldn't budge. Anyone have any ideas that don't involve *********? It needs to be done soon before the bearings lock up.
-Rocker_46788

a torque wrench or an air wrench... you get serious power with those, you can tighten wheel bolts with a torque wrench to where they are stuck in...
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Quote by cukd7x-a2-
a torque wrench or an air wrench... you get serious power with those, you can tighten wheel bolts with a torque wrench to where they are stuck in...

+1, or an impact wrench should do it, if you've got a compressor
Quote by real_québécois
WD-40 in a car is never a good idea: it's pointless and ****s the paint. Use a grinder and if you don't have one, take the car to a mechanic. When the rust is gone, you can use a pneumatic drill, which I doubt you have. That's another reason to take it to a mechanic.

No no and no.

Use a cheater bar and WD40.
Thanks guys, I'll see if I can't hunt down a impact or a torque wrench
Quote by el-ECTRO
If your child can breathe, suspect drugs. Only people who breathe take drugs. People who cannot breathe still can, but it is increasingly difficult.