The last few days I've been focusing on nothing but my sweep pickings and so far I've noticed that my picking hand and technique are also getting better. I've also heard that Paul Waggoner from Between the Buried and Me use to work on his sweeps a lot and he is amazing.
Well improving on any technique should improve your general control over the instrument and your hands but more than that unless you're an economy picker I doubt it has many applications outside of itself.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
well sweeping is a hard technique to get down at first. doing it takes a great deal of coordination in both hands. when you can do it pretty well, that coordination you learned carries over to other things. you probably notice things like your picking being more precise and things like that
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
in some part i thing it does make most of everithing else (tecniques) more easy ,I have being working of them aswell
Quote by dante_3_16
how are u practicing your sweeps?

1) Downloading guitar pro tabs of my favorite songs

2) Using speed trainer and practicing the same sweeps over and over
Quote by dante_3_16
how are u practicing your sweeps?

By sweeping obviously. And don't double post.
ಠ_ಠ
I found that learning to sweep unplateau'd me. I've always been an economy picker if it matters.
One good part of sweep picking is that it can help with fast licks that change strings. You can use the sweep picking technique to go to another string fast.
Quote by RPGoof
One good part of sweep picking is that it can help with fast licks that change strings. You can use the sweep picking technique to go to another string fast.

Ya I've also noticed string skipping is easier now too