I changed the strings on my acoustic last week and when i got the strings off, the bridge saddle came out, i just put it back in and restrung it. Is this a problem?
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
No problem so long as you put it back in the same way it was before. The low E string should be raised up a little higher than the high E string and the top of the saddle should have a curve to it. The flat bottom of it goes into the slot in the bridge first.
Whatever you do, DON'T glue it in place! It'll ruin the bridge for future saddle changes/upgrades.
A good thing to do is change your strings one at a time. Take one off and put a new one on etc.
No problem so long as you put it back in the same way it was before.

+1
Quote by Akabilk
A good thing to do is change your strings one at a time. Take one off and put a new one on etc.

How do you clean your fret board then?

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Quote by roamingbard13
How do you clean your fret board then?

Carefully :-)
I've been changing one string at a time for 7 years, and I clean the board every time.
"It it best to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open your mouth and prove it."
A good reason for changing strings one at a time [especially on steel strings] is that the neck tension remains pretty much the same. Cleaning the fretboard is a simple matter of a thin rag with some fretboard oil on it under the strings pulled back and forth. It's not rocket science.
Last edited by Akabilk at Aug 28, 2008,
^ To each their own, I guess, since neither way will cause any damage to the guitar. But in the twenty minutes an average person has the strings off the guitar to restring, the neck tension is not even a factor.

I'm not sure if this is the case with you, but a lot of times this idea is brought over from electric guitars that have bridges that must maintain tension at all times to keep the setup correct.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.