ok so i was at guitar center and i happend to come across a digitech rp350. so i gave it a shot and it didnt quite give a good distortion tone. in my opinon. like a chevelle breaking benjamin tone. is was way to bassy. the effects were great though. but i want a pedal that can give mme that kind of tone and i can switch on say a phaser while playing without hitting a pedal 15 times scrolling through a menu of different effects. can the 350 do that? give me the tone i want and let me switch on the right effects at the right time?
Quote by Mr.Cuddles
i want to buy a hello kitty guitar than play it at a gig...
itll be like guitar solo than i pull out the kitty-caster and BAMMM
Yep it can. You can make the expression pedal turn a certain effect on or off by rocking it forward or backwards.
All your base are belong to us.
ok so distortion tone wise i should be alright?
Quote by Mr.Cuddles
Quote by Xp3ns1v3
Yep it can. You can make the expression pedal turn a certain effect on or off by rocking it forward or backwards.

yep, you can do this.

it won't let you stomp effects on and off like say a the 500 would.

it is just full of presets that mix lots of things together in predetermined combinations. What you can do is use these as a basis and then turn things on and off or up and down to preference. You can then rename it and put it in whatever sequence you want. Hence, you can group your favorites together so they are only 2 or 3 stomps away.

For example I have Plexi, Clean, Delay, Flange, Hendrix Wah, Brit all lined up next to each other 39 - 45 or whatever. Personally, I don't think the extra presets and A/B for cabinet change is worth extra money over a 250. Oh, and obviously you can download more presets or users settings online.
ok well i just want something that gets a good tone and i can switch effets on and off quickly like mid song and stuff
Quote by Mr.Cuddles
Quote by fendr15
ok so distortion tone wise i should be alright?

depends. What do you mean by distortion? metal distortion? again, depends on what you are doing. what amp do you have? Metal disti on boxes like these are not the greatest and i'm not just talking just digitech.
You should be able to dial in some great distortion tones with the RP350. However, other units with more switches are more suitable for turning on and off individual FX.
uh a type of metal distortion you could say. the rectifyer on it was just way to bassy for me though but maybe cuz i didnt set something right. but its a line 6 spyder 2
Quote by Mr.Cuddles
alternitive metal. or alternative or metal basicly. its currently a spyder 2 but since im starting to gig it will be upgraded sometime soon hopefully.
Quote by Mr.Cuddles
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
yep, you can do this.

it won't let you stomp effects on and off like say a the 500 would.

it is just full of presets that mix lots of things together in predetermined combinations. What you can do is use these as a basis and then turn things on and off or up and down to preference. You can then rename it and put it in whatever sequence you want. Hence, you can group your favorites together so they are only 2 or 3 stomps away.

For example I have Plexi, Clean, Delay, Flange, Hendrix Wah, Brit all lined up next to each other 39 - 45 or whatever. Personally, I don't think the extra presets and A/B for cabinet change is worth extra money over a 250. Oh, and obviously you can download more presets or users settings online.

Im trying to do the same thing, can you please give me alittle step by step info for customizing your own sounds?