I'm looking for a new amp head, but I don't wanna spend a ton of cash. What I'm looking for, is something with a really clear distortion. I play mostly prog Death Metal, and I use both Distortion and Clean pretty often. So I want more notes one distortion to be really clear, and easily heard while I'm on stage. My line 6 head is ok at low volumes, but on stage it's so muddy, I know that no one can really HEAR what it is I'm playing. But I also want a really warm and smooth sounding clean channel, nothing real twangy or bright.

So a really clear distortion, with a little bit of a kick too it, and a really warm smooth clean channel, but something not overally expensive. Any suggestions?
Budget?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Well, I have been seeings the 5150 on ebay for about 500-600, and amps like Bugera's 6262 and 333xl at around the same, But I'd may my limit would be ABOUT $800, but I can go higher if the result would be a lot better.

I would just buy a 5150 for the distortion, but I really don't like what I've heard from the clean. And as far as Bugera, I really like the cleans I've heard, but the distortion seems to be lacking some punch. Plus I've read everywhere that they're unreliable, which isn't good if I want to be gigging, so I'm lost.
yeah, what price range are you looking for? I have this same exact question actually
You may want to look into a Peavey JSX or Peavey Ultra... much better cleans than the 5150. Also check out a Mesa Mark IV - I've heard sometimes you can find them used (they've been discontinued) for <$1000.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Well anyone know anything about Madison amps? My other guitarist just got a discount deal, and I know 2 other people who have the same thing and I actually just applied myself. Either way, I can get a Divinity II for about 650 brand new. I know they sound good, so I'll probably get one. I've actually used one, but I didn't get a chance to dial in my own setting, so I dunno if it's got exactly what I'm looking for.

So does anyone know if it's good for a real mid/bottem end sound? And not something that really bassy, 'cause that's all I've really heard out of it.