Ok. Ill go ahead and answer everything you will probably ask me. I play mostly grunge, punk, and classic rock, also a tad bit of older metal but im not too concerned about that if it doesnt fit it. I play a little in other genres as well but those are the main three it must play good. It also must have good cleans. My budget is up to 400 dollars, I want at least a 30 watt amp(if its tube) otherwise at least 50.

I was thinking of getting a Roland Cube 60w, but I saw a few of these in my AMS catalouge and I thought id ask if they are any good. So far I only have 320 so I still dont have enough for the cube so I started to look at others. If these are bad or dont fit me I dont mind waiting though. Some of these are also 400, I dont mind waiting I want your opinions on what to get. I play with a drummer so it needs to be loud enough for that and small gigs like parties, nothing big like a club show though. I'll also be using it for bedroom practice, not that that matters.

So tell me are these good and fit my genres?

Crate VTX65B http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-CRA-VTX65B-LIST

Peavey ValveKing 50 Watt combo
http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-PEV-VKING112-LIST

the Roland Cube im looking at http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-ROL-CUBE60-LIST

Vox Valvetronix 50w (though if the 30w is loud enough that instead)
http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-VOX-AD50VT-LIST

so tell me opinions on these amps? Stick with the cube or go with one of these?
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
I was looking at an Epiphone Valve Standard for similar styles. Do you have any effects or is it all your amp?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
The Valveking will suit your needs better than the other amps you've selected. If you buy it used you can probably find it for under $300 (if you're willing to do so, of course) and then you could change the speaker, which would improve your sound even further.

You could also spend the extra money on an overdrive pedal to push the VK into high-gain metal territory - it has enough on its own to do '80s-'90s thrash.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by shadow__666
I was looking at an Epiphone Valve Standard for similar styles. Do you have any effects or is it all your amp?

No pedals, Im thinking of getting a crybaby wah and a digitech grunge distortion pedal, but seeing im going to blow all my money on an amp(seeing I want a good one) that wont be until christmas. My birthday is on the 14th of next month but my parents are getting me a new ipod which i really do need(last one has been retarded since it visited the washer). So buying this amp I want a few basic effects, just delay distortion and good cleans really is all I need.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
The Digitech Grunge is a real good pedal. I wasn't too keen on it at first but I've grown to love it.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Don't bother with the Digitech distortion pedal... my friend had one and it sounded worse than the distortion on his amp. (Some 65w Crate solid state, btw).
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Well im not talking about the pedals here, will someone please help me on the amp? Thats what I started the thread for, thanks for the insight on the pedals though.

But yeah, the amps please.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
I liked the ValveKing more than any other, but it was too bloody expensive. If its within your price range, I say take it and run.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by shadow__666
I liked the ValveKing more than any other, but it was too bloody expensive. If its within your price range, I say take it and run.

I just saw you in your own amp forum. Its way more expensive over there isnt it? I feel sorry for you.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
anyone else wanna help? please?
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Ok people help me dammit!

Peavey Valveking or Roland Cube?

Some people say valvekings arent good, but I havent heard really anything about the cube.

A lot say the valvekings are good though, so help?!
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
Ok people help me dammit!

Fun fact of the day, if you don't act like a little bitch people are more willing to help you.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by thsrayas
Fun fact of the day, if you don't act like a little bitch people are more willing to help you.

This is necessary if I dont want to start a new thread, which I dont want to spam this forum even more than it already is. I have to repost something so people will see it and potentially help me.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
This is necessary if I dont want to start a new thread, which I dont want to spam this forum even more than it already is. I have to repost something so people will see it and potentially help me.

You can bump a thread without saying "help me damnit!"
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
Good point, that was probably a dumb thing to say. Do you have an honest opinion on either one of the amps though?
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
Good point, that was probably a dumb thing to say. Do you have an honest opinion on either one of the amps though?

I can't comment on the Valveking since I haven't tried one before, but it seems to be a like it or hate it amp so try one out if you can. But I do like the Cube, it has pretty good cleans and should give you plenty of options to shape your sound.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
Quote by thsrayas
I can't comment on the Valveking since I haven't tried one before, but it seems to be a like it or hate it amp so try one out if you can. But I do like the Cube, it has pretty good cleans and should give you plenty of options to shape your sound.

Thanks, im definately going to try them both out. The cube is a really great modeling amp and sounds great even though its not tube from what I hear. They say the Valveking is a cheap tube amp, some say its good, but others say it sounds like the marshall MG of tube amps.

Either way, Im going to try both. My brother and I learned the hard way you always play equipment before you buy it(we both got spiders, 75w and 15w respectively.)
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
The VK is not the MG of tube amps, whoever said that is a tool. It is a good affordable tube amp. Realizing that you are in the middle of nowhere buying used may not be an option for you. But if you can get to Richmond....
http://richmond.craigslist.org/msg/795772033.html That V16 would be a good option. $325
Also this looks interesting, never played one, but I would check it out if it's close.
http://richmond.craigslist.org/msg/811088479.html

Either way, the cube and the VK are decent amps on a budget, but if you can look used you will get more for your money.
Richmond is my closest GC, I live about an hour and a few minutes away from it, thats where i was going to buy my new amp.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
Richmond is my closest GC, I live about an hour and a few minutes away from it, thats where i was going to buy my new amp.

Why would you buy a new amp when there is a lot better in the used market?
Quote by gregs1020
Why would you buy a new amp when there is a lot better in the used market?

I refuse to buy used off of the internet, no matter what any of you tell me, I wont ever trust that. Used amps in a store probably, but not off the internet.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
I refuse to buy used off of the internet, no matter what any of you tell me, I wont ever trust that. Used amps in a store probably, but not off the internet.

>.<

You go and TRY IT OUT first obviously.
Quote by gourd42
i was going to insult thedude97, BUT HIS AVATAR SHOWS MORDOR!
Quote by thedude97
>.<

You go and TRY IT OUT first obviously.

And these being sold online are in stores correct? I'm not gonna go get raped by some strange person at their house over a cheaper amp.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
And these being sold online are in stores correct? I'm not gonna go get raped by some strange person at their house over a cheaper amp.

No, they're being sold by people who don't have a need for the amp they currently have, and therefore want to sell it. You meet up and you make a deal. You could have them come to YOUR house (which i did when i bought off craigslist), or if you're really that scared, you could have your mommy come with you to keep you safe. Now get the goddamn Crate.
Quote by gourd42
i was going to insult thedude97, BUT HIS AVATAR SHOWS MORDOR!
Quote by thedude97
No, they're being sold by people who don't have a need for the amp they currently have, and therefore want to sell it. You meet up and you make a deal. You could have them come to YOUR house (which i did when i bought off craigslist), or if you're really that scared, you could have your mommy come with you to keep you safe. Now get the goddamn Crate.

Haha I'll look these up, but my dad wouldnt ever let me meet up with someone and buy something being the paranoid old man he is.

Ill look into those amps though.

Thanks
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^