Ok i wanna learn a kick ass solo thats somewhat easy to play and preferably in standard? Whats a good band/song for this?
hey dude them bones by alice in chains is relatively easy i guess its a half step down but i love that solo and its catchy
Metal? Standard?

You be lookin' at some scarce selections there.
My meh gear:
ESP LTD MH-400NT
Peavey Raptor Plus EXP
Digitech RP90
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi (WTS)
Crate GT15 (SHIT)

GAS:
Peavey 6505 112 combo
MXR 10-band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
Boss HR-2
Compressor (open to suggestions)
Enter sandman's solo maybe.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
the last solo in one is not that hard, and its in standard

TG
Fighting for peace, is like screwing for virginity

Screw you Waldo, go find yourself!!!!
Im pretty sure the Fade To Black intro solo from Metallica is played in standard.....

corect me if im wrong....
Quote by JungIe
Metal? Standard?

You listen to metalcore,don't you?

Try Symphony of Destruction by Megadeth
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by Broken-pick
You listen to metalcore,don't you?

Try Symphony of Destruction by Megadeth

I really hope you aren't calling Megadeth metalcore

But anyways, the first metal solo i learned was Holy Diver by Dio.
try, the solo on entrance of the conflagration by TRIVIUM

and dont anyone give me some bull**** saying "theyre metalcore ewwwie"

because trivium are metal, theyre just not brutal death metal.
Quote by xxXshredderXxx

and please everyone give me some bull**** saying "theyre metalcore ewwwie"

because trivium are metalcore, theyre just not metal.

Fix'd
Gear:
Schecter 006 Elite
Dean VX
Some Memphis 3/4th Strat copy
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60w
Quote by Shredd3r
I really hope you aren't calling Megadeth metalcore

But anyways, the first metal solo i learned was Holy Diver by Dio.

clearly, he wasn't. he was adressing the quote. learn english conventions.
Quote by aznmetalhead93
The outro solo to She Wolf by Megadeth is very easy.

In fact, it's so easy, that I don't even consider it a solo because I can actually play it. See also; the first solo in Never Walk Alone, and the break later in the song. Those three parts are pretty much all I can handle in the solo world.

Also, 2:34-2:45 is just freakin' classy.
Quote by JungIe
Metal? Standard?

and +1 to She Wolf

uhh both solos in Fade to Black are pretty easy(I mean easy as in easier than most solos) and err uhh Crazy Train... the fills are harder than the main solo haha
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
Learn She-wolf solo by megadeth. Extremely easy and its one of my fav solos
PSN ID: Blade3195
Nothing Else Matters - Metallica
The Trooper - Iron Maiden
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
If you look at the wah part of the Through the Fire and Flames solo(It's not all breakneck speed!)
it's not that hard. Mostly single notes that even an auto-wah and an amp will suffice for.
Quote by xxXshredderXxx
um no.

care to define metal?

Sure

Heavy metal (often referred to simply as metal) is a genre of rock music[1] that developed in the late 1960s and early 1970s, largely in England and the United States.[2] With roots in blues-rock and psychedelic rock, the bands that created heavy metal developed a thick, massive sound, characterized by highly amplified distortion, extended guitar solos, and emphatic beats. Allmusic states that "of all rock & roll's myriad forms, heavy metal is the most extreme in terms of volume, machismo, and theatricality."[3]

Early heavy metal bands such as Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, and Deep Purple attracted large audiences, though they were often critically reviled, a status common throughout the history of the genre. In the mid-1970s, Judas Priest helped spur the genre's evolution by discarding much of its blues influence; Motörhead introduced a punk rock sensibility and an increasing emphasis on speed. Bands in the New Wave of British Heavy Metal such as Iron Maiden followed in a similar vein. Before the end of the decade, heavy metal had attracted a worldwide following of fans known as "metalheads" or "headbangers."

In the 1980s, glam metal became a major commercial force with groups like Mötley Crüe. Underground scenes produced an array of more extreme, aggressive styles: thrash metal broke into the mainstream with bands such as Metallica, while other styles like death metal and black metal remain subcultural phenomena. Since the mid-1990s, popular styles such as nu metal, which often incorporates elements of funk and hip hop; and metalcore, which blends extreme metal with hardcore punk, have further expanded the definition of the genre.

Also Wiki calls Trivium Metalcore and Thrash
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Trivium on the crusade album is Thrash, Ascendancy and ETI are Metalcore, however their new album sounds like Melo-Death to me

also hand of blood by BFMV is cool its in drop c but it still sounds awesome in standard
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
Quote by xxXshredderXxx

and dont anyone give me some bull**** saying "theyre metalcore ewwwie"

because trivium are metal, theyre just not brutal death metal.

Um no

They ARE metalcore