I know most of you guys are in bands that just play local places and in near states and stuff, but for any of you guys who have actually been on the leg of a tour, like touring states and traveling to different places, what type of strain does that put on friendships and relationships.

I was talking to my girlfriend about being together and she was saying she doesn't want to if I'm going to be gone touring and traveling all the time and stuff. I know I'm young and relationships don't always work, I understand that, but as far as I'm concerned I don't want to be in another relationship and all that stuff, but I do understand that things change, but this is just my general plan on the future, so I don't want anyone saying anything like that.

Thanks
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
Mc'donalds is your friend on the road, remember that and you'll be good
My signature has doubled...
I'm just talking about being away from loved ones and stuff,
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
it is hard. don't believe differently. chemistry is important between band members; they have to be your brothers. touring strains every relationship every way imaginable, but if they're the right relationships they can only be stronger for it.

if you have the opportunity, take it up. don't let your attachment to anyone destroy that possibility.
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
It's pretty much like being on vacation for however long you're on tour.

Except instead of chilling in lawn chairs on the beach, your sweating inside a broken down van with no AC and sleeping on the floor of a gnarly motel instead of in the bed of a decent hotel.
my cousin's been touring with fouryearstrong for a couple years now
as far as ive heard from him, hes never had a problem with relationships, aside from normal problems that everyone goes through...

and i know he talks to his family all the time, so i dont think that would be an issue if you were to tour for long periods of time

but you definately have to love your music, cause its all you're gonna be doing, aside from traveling and sleeping
▲I had a friend once
►He took some acid
▼Now he thinks he's a fire engine
If the girl doesn't like being away from you than it would've never worked out to begin with...So man up and leave her anyway

Music ALWAYS comes before girls remember that!

Quote by JBOO7OHMSS
lol i thought McDonald's was ALWAYS my friend,

my bad

Well... I... Ugh....
Sh!t! you got me there
My signature has doubled...
Quote by TDKshorty
I know most of you guys are in bands that just play local places and in near states and stuff, but for any of you guys who have actually been on the leg of a tour, like touring states and traveling to different places, what type of strain does that put on friendships and relationships.

I was talking to my girlfriend about being together and she was saying she doesn't want to if I'm going to be gone touring and traveling all the time and stuff. I know I'm young and relationships don't always work, I understand that, but as far as I'm concerned I don't want to be in another relationship and all that stuff, but I do understand that things change, but this is just my general plan on the future, so I don't want anyone saying anything like that.

Thanks

its kinda hard, but personally, i like taking my gf along with the band. cause well shes friends with the other guys and shes always in the crowd too moshing around and crap. then i would be like, "thats my GF right there, so if you hit her or anything ill stop the show and personally beat the **** out of you". and me and the rest of the band have enough moeny that it isnt a strain for her to come along and stuff. plus shes awsome at merch :P
but yeah tour on a relashionship can suck alot for you too cause you will miss her. my last GF before the curent one broke up with me cause of touring a bit, she wasnt totally into the metalcore/deathcore music so yeah and then she didnt like the idea of me always being on the road and thought i would get into a accident. but yeah dude alot of times touring can test the relashionship and it can show you if you have a keeper or not.

*big wall text is big*