I just found a set of D'addario 12s for electric guitar when I was cleaning. I don't have any acoustic strings right now so could I put these on my acoustic? Or would that not work?
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Yeah its ok, you'll get a muddier, treblier sound but other than that its ok.

I used super slinkies for a while to get a different tone
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
ive thought about doing it the other way around before (acoustics on an electric) anyone know what that sounds like?
i do that sometimes to get a different tone. i actually like it a lot but i havent tried going back to acoustic strings for a while soe maybe thats better i just cant remember
Quote by JBOO7OHMSS
ive thought about doing it the other way around before (acoustics on an electric) anyone know what that sounds like?

That one would not neccesarily work. It would depend on the magnetic properties of the strings themselves.
It will work and it will sound just how you want it to.

That is, if you want your acoustic to sound like someone took a dump inside of it and pissed on the fretboard.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Be prepared to tune your guitar every 5 minutes, especially if you do alot of bends. Electric strings on an acoustic is terrible. I did it once and the tone was ****. Too twangy and it sounded like an amplified clean electric.
" When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by JBOO7OHMSS

sounds normal, but will probally warp ur neck

EDIT: What am I smoking? It wont sound normal. I got no idea why I said that.
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
My dad does this on his acoustic. He strings it with EB .09s. I despise it, but it's either that or the half and half crap acoustic with thirty year old strings.

I mean, it works from a practicality standpoint (I guess), but it just isn't right.

This is why I really need to put money into an acoustic or a dobro.