Alright i live in California and im on felony probation. Im legally not allowed to own a gun but a friend told me thats only in this state and since im moving to Pennsylvania i just thought id ask if id legally be able to own a gun there. id ask my PO but im afraid shed freak out and be like,"WHY DO YOU WANT A GUN?!!? THATS IT GO TO JAIL. DO NOT PASS GO, GO DIRECTLY TO JAIL!!!" ive tried looking it up on the internet but no luck... so any help?
California has the strictest gun laws. You should be able to get one in Pennsylvania.

However, I don't know if you can if you're on felony probation.
What'd you do?
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
why do you need a gun?
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
California probably has some strict ass laws, considering their governed by the Terminator.

I heard about the Three Strikes law? is that even real?
felony probation in California that restricts you from owning a gun, you probably wont be able to get one. It stays on your record where ever you go. What did ya do?
A felony is on your record no matter where in the states you go.
So the answer to you question is no you wont be able to own one legally.
Quote by cheeseman3001
why do you need a gun?

Compensating for something.
I'm the new king
I taste the queen
In here we are all anemic
In here, anemic and sweet
Quote by ling_yu
California probably has some strict ass laws, considering their governed by the Terminator.

I heard about the Three Strikes law? is that even real?

yes sadly it is. during my small time in jail one of my cellmates told me about this one kid who got 100+ from the 3 strikes law (it was his third strike). but i believe only violent crimes (ie assault, assault with a deadly weapon, etc) count as a strike.

and i want a gun because i like shooting stuff. its fun, its challenging and its stress relieving. if i cant get a gun then i probly just go for a nice bb gun but id really like a real gun.

EDIT:

Quote by crzywhiteboy
A felony is on your record no matter where in the states you go.
So the answer to you question is no you wont be able to own one legally.

well in california if you get a felony on your record you cant own a gun (even if you eventually get it dropped to a misdemeanor). but is it the same in pennsylvania is my question. and if it IS different will californias law still apply to me or pennsylvanias laws? maybe ill ask a cop once i eventually move there.

and what i did was get caught stealing beer and i also had a brass knuckle belt buckle. yeah stupid i know but so is most other **** that gets you locked up.
Last edited by PrimalScreamer at Aug 26, 2008,
Wait - were you convicted of a felony? Or are you on felony probabtion? You cannot I believe get a firearm within the united states while under felony probation or at all if convicted of a felony in many cases. You would be flagged for trying to purchase a firearm in Pennsylvania and would probably accrue further charges for interstate parole violation.
I am not to found of guns, not to sound like a pussy or anything. What ever happened to good Martial Arts? That is all you need, unless of course you are expecting to be shot.
Quote by ling_yu
I am not to found of guns, not to sound like a pussy or anything. What ever happened to good Martial Arts? That is all you need, unless of course you are expecting to be shot.

Martial arts wont defend againts a peice of lead flying at your skull.
Yes, that makes perfect sense.

Hey there, you got arrested for robbery/assault. Here's your new shotgun.
i wouldnt think so, that would stay on your record untill you have paid the fine or whatever

i cant find anything about it i've looked on google alot for you
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
Quote by guitar/bass76
Wait - were you convicted of a felony? Or are you on felony probabtion? You cannot I believe get a firearm within the united states while under felony probation or at all if convicted of a felony in many cases. You would be flagged for trying to purchase a firearm in Pennsylvania and would probably accrue further charges for interstate parole violation.

i was convicted of a felony AND im on felony probation. but yknow youre right i DEFINITELY will not be able to get a gun until im off of probation. i totally forgot about that. but possibly after?

and im too scurred to ask my PO.

Quote by Kapps
Yes, that makes perfect sense.

Hey there, you got arrested for robbery/assault. Here's your new shotgun.

I wasnt convicted for robbery. robbery is stealing by force. i was convicted of second degree burglary (felony burglary). i SHOULD have been convicted of shoplifting but they threw the book at me and charged me with burglary. whats stupid is theres no real way (besides circumstantial evidence) to prove it was burglary because the difference between is that in burglary you enter into the store with intent to steal while shoplifting you do not. and the truth was we didnt enter into the store with intent to steal. we went in their to get food with food stamps and then we decided to steal. but whats done is done.
Last edited by PrimalScreamer at Aug 27, 2008,
Quote by JDawg

notice that I said " unless you are expecting to be shot at."
Quote by ling_yu

like i said i like to shoot stuff. like targets not people. i dont want a gun for self dfense but to go to a range and have fun. i think that if the felony isnt a violent crime you should still be able to own a gun. oh well.
Quote by RU Experienced?
You're right, stealing is a stupid thing to be punished for - fuck the judicial system.

im sorry who said stealing was stupid to be punished for?

EDIT: btw thank you to the guy who actually took the time to go look it up.
Quote by PrimalScreamer

and what i did was get caught stealing beer and i also had a brass knuckle belt buckle. yeah stupid i know but so is most other **** that gets you locked up.

Quote by PrimalScreamer
and where exactly did i say it was stupid i was punished? if you werent so retarded youd have realized that i said it was stupid to steal. moron...

If you weren't so retarded you wouldn't have been convicted of a felony for stealing beer. Also, you wouldn't be a poor bastard living off of food stamps. You're right though, I'm retarded.
Quote by RU Experienced?
If you weren't so retarded you wouldn't have been convicted of a felony for stealing beer. Also, you wouldn't be a poor bastard living off of food stamps. You're right though, I'm retarded.

I was poor BEFORE i stole beers buddy (part of the reason why actually). And like said it WAS stupid of me steal but dude wtf dont insult me cause im poor. thats just screwed up, seriously.
Quote by JDawg

So...a gun would stop it?

Wow, I didn't know guns came equipped with magical barriers. No wonder so many people own them.
Poor people make me laugh. I'm laughing right now. At you.

Anywho, just get a good air rifle. It can be just as fun as a real gun. You can also shoot at **** in your backyard with it, rather then paying money to go to a range.
Gear:

-Guitars-
Esp/LTD JH-200
Ibanez RG2EX2
Yamaha FD01

-Amps-
Marshall MGDFX250 (It was a Gift)
Peavey Vypyr 15 watt

-Effects-
Digitech DF-7
If you think that asking your parole officer a question like that is a bad idea, then trying to buy a gun without their knowledge is what now?