Hey,

I need some help.
Well our band kinda inherrited an amplifier from an old band member we kicked out. well by inherrit i mean borrowed permenantly. I was just wondering if it is actually a vintage amplifier, or just a heap of crap.
Its running on marshall tubes, and it had two spares inside.

Here are some pics:

and if it isnt a piece of trash is it worth fixing?

thanks
Set-up:

Ashton GA50
ESP F-10
Digitech DF-7

I need more $$$$
So you stole an amp from an ex band member?

Not cool.
It's real old. That "FBT" is that actually part of the amp or is it initials on a piece of duct tape. I really can't make it out. If you can take a clearer larger shot of the control section I might be able to help you out. The amp itself is about 15 to 30 watts.
Quote by imgooley
So you stole an amp from an ex band member?

Not cool.

if you were in the band you would understand why XD
Set-up:

Ashton GA50
ESP F-10
Digitech DF-7

I need more $$$$
here is the close up of the control....

and the FBT is actually a plate thats screwed in:

just click the images for the larger ones
Set-up:

Ashton GA50
ESP F-10
Digitech DF-7

I need more $$$$
Quote by RickDe
It's real old. That "FBT" is that actually part of the amp or is it initials on a piece of duct tape. I really can't make it out. If you can take a clearer larger shot of the control section I might be able to help you out. The amp itself is about 15 to 30 watts.

Nope...
The FBT is part of the amp

I was trying to search the brand on google before, and i couldnt find anything
Set-up:

Ashton GA50
ESP F-10
Digitech DF-7

I need more $$$$
Quote by RickDe

I said in the first post that they were 'marshall' valves. I found another box with a valve sitting in there, and its the same ones that are in the thing. They are running on Phillips 'Miniwatt' valves, these things themself are vintage lol. They are being sold on E-bay for 50 us$.

So now I know i have 2 valves that are worth $50 each and one amp, which still just seems to be a no name brand?

Anyone care to help?
Set-up:

Ashton GA50
ESP F-10
Digitech DF-7

I need more $$$$
I think its the FBT 150 combo. F.B.T.'s are italian amps that are no longer made. I don't think its that valuable but I could be wrong
Quote by mcrfobtai
I think its the FBT 150 combo. F.B.T.'s are italian amps that are no longer made. I don't think its that valuable but I could be wrong

do you think it would be worth getting fixed up?

i have no idea about any of this stuff.
im still clueless

working on it though
Set-up:

Ashton GA50
ESP F-10
Digitech DF-7

I need more $$$$
Does it sound any good? Quit thinking about the financial aspect of selling STOLEN property for a second and see if it has any musical value.
does it not work? is that why you are asking if its worth fixing up?

other than that, i am of no use, sorry man.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar+Amp/brand/F.B.T Not sure if that particular amp is listed there but it should give you some idea about the brand if nothing else
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Quote by LaidBack
does it not work? is that why you are asking if its worth fixing up?

other than that, i am of no use, sorry man.

yeah it works.
it just zaps people occationally.
Set-up:

Ashton GA50
ESP F-10
Digitech DF-7

I need more $$$$
Quote by gregs1020
Please tell us why stealing this amp is ok. Thanks.

Technically its not really stealing since it was just left at the jam room and they never bothered to call to pick it up.
Secondly imagine a banshee having sex with the imput jack of a fender squier guitar amplifier and the jack is broken and all that comes out is bad feed-back and static. thats what their voice sounded like. We recorded it once, it didnt turn out so well, because on the day they 'magically' could not sing, however every other day they could.
Thirdly they were plain weird.
Set-up:

Ashton GA50
ESP F-10
Digitech DF-7

I need more $$$$
Quote by skull78
yeah it works.
it just zaps people occationally.

it's probably not grounded properly. my school used to have an old Traynor head and a fender bass cab with two giant speakers (it sounded sickly). and if you touched someone playing another instrument, they would get a small zap.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
I can't really justify stealing someone elses gear, regardless of how many practises they turned up late to or whatever.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Jhachey22
it's probably not grounded properly. my school used to have an old Traynor head and a fender bass cab with two giant speakers (it sounded sickly). and if you touched someone playing another instrument, they would get a small zap.

yeah it hasnt got the plug prong which would usually be the ground one.
i was thinking i would get that fixed up.
in regards to everyone asking what i mean by fixing it up, i just mean re-condition it. wack some new leather on it and a new handle, since its rusted. make it look nicer and get rid of the zapping problem, then it would all be sweet.
and change the tubes since they are probably the original ones that came with it
Set-up:

Ashton GA50
ESP F-10
Digitech DF-7

I need more $$$$
Personally, I would have a tech replace the power cord, install a bias pot, check the caps and just give it a once over to make sure it won't fail catastrophically. I think the distressed look gives it some mojo.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by skull78
Technically its not really stealing since it was just left at the jam room and they never bothered to call to pick it up.
Secondly imagine a banshee having sex with the imput jack of a fender squier guitar amplifier and the jack is broken and all that comes out is bad feed-back and static. thats what their voice sounded like. We recorded it once, it didnt turn out so well, because on the day they 'magically' could not sing, however every other day they could.

These are the reasons for stealing the amp? You sound like an asshole.
Quote by skull78

Ok so bad voice and being weird means you can take their ****? You're pretty immature man. Just give them a call and ask him to pick up his crap.
Quote by Say Ocean
Ok so bad voice and being weird means you can take their ****? You're pretty immature man. Just give them a call and ask him to pick up his crap.

I agree.
You're prolly like that dude on HC who was trying to get his 5150 back.
Call him and ask him if he wants it. if he does, give it to him.
But don't put any money into it if he still wants it, because otherwise he is legally just gonna take it back, and he wont owe you anything.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
all vintage amps are worth keeping/fixing. The quality of products in those days far surpasses the quality of things these days.