Well i wanna get the exorcist but i dont know witch one to get the original, version you've never seen, or the 25th anniversary im losing my mind i really wanna watch this movie!!!!
yes i do i heard its the most scary movie ever i really badly wanna watch this on my ipod in the dark by myself
I'd imagine they're both the same

the 25th anniversary is probably just remastered and has some special edition bull****.
apparently the original, when it first came out, killed 2 teenage girls
from shock.

that's what ive heard.
Your light bulb knows everything you do in your room.
Quote by Z0S07657
yes i do i heard its the most scary movie ever i really badly wanna watch this on my ipod in the dark by myself

I'd have to say the Shining definitely makes this movie seem tame.

sorry if this is a double post
i have no idea either but the original is good i guess the version youve never seen is better...hopefully. just dont watch it on TV, they edit too much
Quote by Mr. Awesome.
I'd imagine they're both the same

the 25th anniversary is probably just remastered and has some special edition bull****.

The new version contains the scariest scene in the movie unseen before. Spider walk anyone?
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by Z0S07657

it's not scary by today's standards to be honest. it was scary for thirty years ago, and that's it.
Quote by DiMeTiMe
lol...

sick ****
Extispicy: Predicting The Future Though The Study Of Animal Entrails...
Quote by elekguit
The new version contains the scariest scene in the movie unseen before. Spider walk anyone?

I never realized that it was only in the newer one until I read it up on wiki a few minutes ago.

Go for the 25th anniversary

there's supposively some other cool stuff in there too according to wiki
Quote by necroscience13
its sucks, its not scary or shocking at all. it was really good for 1978 or w/e but now its tame. i watched it when i was 13

The original is a turd now. I agree, the scariest part of the movie was how long it felt.
To be honest, i was on the edge of my seat, waiting for something good or it to end.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
Reason that scene was taken out: in a private screening of the show, William showed the uncut movie and when that scene was showed most of the people puked and walked out. Too scary I guess. Oh and that's a REAL contortionist they got to do the scene.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by Z0S07657

Everything scares me.. Seriously, i hate scary movies.

But i watched this when i was like.. 10.. And found it hilarious.
Quit trying to make your ePenis bigger...
You were all scared really. If not scared, shocked at the least.
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Harley Benton Cab (Shut up.)
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
Quote by DimebagJosho
lol i was 13 when i saw it and it didnt scare me at all. the scariest part of the movie was the fact that it was supposed to be the scariest movie ever. that part made me anxious but nothing else. what was scary about it? the fact that your mother sucks cocks in hell? lol
The scary parts for me were the "spider walk" and that face that flashed on the screen... scary to me.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
It is a great film so I would suggest definitely getting it. It can be scary at points (the bit with the younger Priest's mother on the bed totally in white always gets me) but it isn't the scariest film out there.
As for which version, I have the Directors cut and it is good though I am not too sure what the differences are between it and the Anniversary special.

And I never really found the spider walk scene that intimidating. :/
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
Quote by reaper_x
apparently the original, when it first came out, killed 2 teenage girls
from shock.

that's what ive heard.

no, that was me. sorry.still.... they were fun when they lasted.

remember this....sequels tend to be funnier because of their poorness.
Not really scary at all, though it is pretty terrifying.

The situations the characters are in are definitely something I wouldn't want to experience.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
Quote by DimebagJosho

Protip: It helps to not believe in God or the devil.

Quote by elekguit
The scary parts for me were the "spider walk" and that face that flashed on the screen... scary to me.

Quote by QuiatFat
I watched it when I was 16, and that ****ing face that pops up for split seconds still gives me nightmares.

There are about three faces that pop up at random times during the movie. They're so subtle that you guys aren't even noticing them. Which is why you have to go back and watch it a million times to catch everything. Movie's ****ing amazing, regardless of whether or not it scares you. Horror is subjective to begin with.
I have never seen the spider walk so I just looked it up on youtube.

I lol'd when she flicked her tongue.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
get the newest version, but you cant watch it on your ipod. its too small to actually get scared by. its like watching it through your fingers while your covering your eyes. just cover your eyes and watch it through your fingers like i did.
the lower part of her shoulder disturbed me!
I have no opinion on this matter.
Why is there so much "macho" bullshit in this thread? "Oh look at me. I see'd Ex0rcist when I was 3 and didn't find it scaree."

Jesus fuck all the guy asked was which version to get. Stop pretending you're manly because you weren't scared of a fucking film.

To answer TS's question: The version I have (I think it's the 25th anniversary) shows the original version but with bonus cut scenes on the special features (the spider walk for instance). I think The Exorcist is a good influential horror film. And yes, I was quite scared the first time I watched it.
Official member of the "UG Senior Citizens Club For People Over 21"
Official member of the "UG Fat Chicks Appreciation Club" (Yeah, no one will probably follow...)