Hi,

Quite often I'd like to play something using non-standard tuning, but I get tired of tuning my Floyd Rose all the time. Is there any piece of gear that alters the tuning digitally, so that I could avoid doing it manually?
I know there's Roland VG-99 with GK-3 pickups but the price tag scares me off. Maybe there's a way to get GK-3 working with some other equipment I'm not aware of?

Best regards,
Adam Oldak
I think the Digitech Whammy can do that, can someone confirm this.
ESP LTD M-100FM Tone Zone (B)/Breed Neck (N) w/ Coil Splits
Fender Electro-Acoustic
Line6 Studio UX2
BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay/DS-1 Distortion Robert Keeley ULTRA Mod
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Dunlop SW-95 Crybaby Slash Wah
Pitch shifter can do that, but the final sound sounds very unnatural
Fender Stan. Stratocaster HSS 60th Anniversary
Squier Deluxe V-String Jazz Bass (active p-ups)
Peavey Valveking 112
Zoom G2.1u
...and my fingers

.: Music Heals :.
the Line 6 variax (a guitar) with additional software called variax workbench does it - but i'm guessing thats more than you want to pay.

I think he's talking about alternate tunings like open E, drop D, etc, not simply drop tuning the whole guitars pitch. the digitech whammy and other pitch shifters can drop tune the whole guitar, but not individual strings - they also usually have really awful pitch tracking or only work in monophonic causing crap, weird, annoying un-musical warbles which don't even have a use in psychadelic music..
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Blompcube, you're right. I'd like to be able to tune the guitar however I want (dropped D, open C, etc) and not just change the pitch of all the strings simultaneously.
And Variax, unfortunately, is too expensive.