^title^. i cant figure it out. is it amp settings. i dont think its the pickups cause ive played emgs and cant make those sounds. can anyone help plz
I'm assuming you actually know the technique behind them right? If so then crank up the gain to a moderate level, keep it on the bridge pick up for best effect, and just practice.
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
Called practice dude, I can pull them off on just about anything these days, you just gotta ****ing practice. I learnt on single coil no name pickups through a 10watt practise amp lol. But basically you need alot of distortion, bit of treble, fair bit of bass and a bit of mid.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Are you talking about Pinch Harmonics or Artificial Harmonics (a la Dimebag)?

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

When i started learning pinch harmonics i started off clean, then once i got the technique down i started to add distortion
MAIN GUITARS:
PRS Single Cut Trem
Ibanez PGM-301
Rickenbacker 650D
Jackson RR5
Taylor 12 String acoustic
Yamaha RBX 5string bass
MAIN AMP:
Hughes And Kettner Trilogy w/ 4x12 HnK cab
^^^ This guy speaks the truth. You just have to practice them a lot. You have to find the sweet spot on the pick ups. Just keep doing them, and moving your picking hand around till ou find a place where they really ring.
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
its a technique, not an effect produced by any sort of pickups, strings, pedals, amps, picks, cables or stack heel boots, and only practice makes perfect, not your gear or amp settings.

if you can't do it on an acoustic guitar, you're doing it wrong.

i used to do this by accident, in fact sometimes i still do - i actually have a "magic" finger which if i pick the string with it in a certain way i get a clean, ringing pinch harmonic - but thats no use to you, because you don't have my hands. The normal way of achieving those really right, squealy sounding notes is to pick the string whilst kind of muting it gently with one of the fingers you use to hold your pick. a similar touch to when you do natural harmonics, except you do them with your picking hand, as you pick - its a difficult technique to master, and i don't think i've really explained it too well..
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
go onto youtube and type in "pinch Harmonics" find a lesson on there that helps you practice ad then practice it untill you can get it right
Quote by Blompcube
its a technique, not an effect produced by any sort of pickups, strings, pedals, amps, picks, cables or stack heel boots, and only practice makes perfect, not your gear or amp settings.

if you can't do it on an acoustic guitar, you're doing it wrong.

i used to do this by accident, in fact sometimes i still do - i actually have a "magic" finger which if i pick the string with it in a certain way i get a clean, ringing pinch harmonic - but thats no use to you, because you don't have my hands. The normal way of achieving those really right, squealy sounding notes is to pick the string whilst kind of muting it gently with one of the fingers you use to hold your pick. a similar touch to when you do natural harmonics, except you do them with your picking hand, as you pick - its a difficult technique to master, and i don't think i've really explained it too well..

i hit the string with my thumb on the way past. if you know what i mean i pick the note, then with the thumb i hold my pick with, that hits the string. and it squuuuueeeeeeals xD
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.