Hey guys...
so ive been playing guitar since quite sometime now.....and i recently started recording....so the thing is...right now...im using a very low grade software that i downloaded off the net..called Audacity...and i plug in my guitar through the Line6 Guitarport..and im facing a lot of problems such as very high latency....and ofcourse it isnt the best equipment that im using and all that..but i had got the Guitarport as a gift from my dad about last year...so im just using that for the time being...
right now...im looking for a good upgrade...i searched the Line6 site for more equipment...and was really impressed with the Toneport KB37...its got this whole keyboard midi controller and all that...
i really dont know how much it costs ...and if its a good buy...so i came here to ask you guys if youve ever used that...and what u think of it...
u can check the Line6 site out..and have a look at it..
it would be great if you people could help me out here...
i must add..i havent seen any better than the toneport KB37..and if there is..please let me know...
im planning to buy by it mid-september sorts...
any help would be highly appreciated...
thanks again
have a good one...
i havent used that one... however i assume the overloaded disk is causing the latency
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
no dude....latency is not caused by an over-loaded disk..latency is a different problem..related to either the software used for recording..or the input/ouput hardware used...so yeah...i know that cuz of a friend of mine...hes doing his engineering!!hehehe...so good sources!!hahha
Latency is related to:
- the hardware you are using
- the drivers written for it
- the sample rate you are recording at

A great way to get absolute zero latency is to use a mixer and NOT monitor through your software.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
I suggest something other than the Toneports actually...they may be low in price but I still think of them as "Idea interfaces". They are mostly 1.1 USB connection which can cause latency.

First adjust your buffers and see if you can lower your latency. Then if your interface has an output for headphones or something monitor from that.

I suggest products like the EMU 0202 or 0404, or the PreSonus Inspire 1394.
If you dont feel you will need the MIDI controller part of the line6 product there are much better interfaces in the $200 range. The Mackie Onyx Satellite is great if you have windows XP....it wont work on vista though.
hey man...that was great...i appreciate it..if possible...can u send me the links where i might get to read about em or sumin...n ofcourse see..id love to have a look at it..before i make things final..u know what i mean?n im workin on vista...so the mackie onyx satellite is out...but jst post the links here..for the EMU's and the presonus inspire...thanks man...
n yeh...i do have an output for headphones...and its still the same...and adjusting buffers doesnt help either...n plus..i have to buy something new anyway....
but thanks again..
post the links up if you can
have a good one brother...
thanks a ton dude..i just had a look at them right now...and somehow...i still feel the toneport KB37 is better..mainly cuz it also has various effects in it as well..which is a huge plus...so i think ill be going with toneport till now...and ill search around for more...but thanks for the suggestions brother...
have a good one...