This may be an over asked question, but ill ask anyway
I have a strat copy that im getting ready to paint and modify and im looking to put some new p ups in it, the ones in it are too noisy and have lame tone.
I play rock/punk/alternative, ive been thinking about something like the emg sa's or sd hotrails but im really unsure
can some one help me out? Thank you!
You could get a Seymour Duncan and two single coils so that you don't have to route a bigger cavity for the bridge pickup. Also, why don't you look into lace sensor pickups? You could get a red/white/blue combo.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
my suggestion is to call Duncan's cust serv line and talk it through with someone live. Doesn't mean you have to buy a Duncan but they have a lot of bases covered with their pups and are real helpful.

another good question to be asking is what amp do you have, because that may affect tone more than a pup swap.
Bridge - Dimarzio Super Distortion S
Middle - Dimarzio Air Norton S
Neck - Duncan Hot Rails
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
I got some GFS neovins and I really like them. For punk and alternative you'd probably be best off with their "power rock" set. I have the overwound set and I think they sound fanastic. They sound very good clean and overdriven. For 100 $ a set it's hard to go wrong.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not