Hey,
I heard that there was a way to eliminate noise but the person I was talking to didn't know exactly what to do. It was something to do with surrounding your humbuckers with copper. Any ideas?
Humbuckers are noiseless because they are reverse wound polarity. If you are getting noise it's due to poor sheilding in your guitars cavities, poor quality cables, bad grounding, or could be your amplifer.

If you're talking about hiss, maybe a noise supressor would help you out
Quote by XtAsY2007
Humbuckers are noiseless because they are reverse wound polarity. If you are getting noise it's due to poor sheilding in your guitars cavities, poor quality cables, bad grounding, or could be your amplifer.

If you're talking about hiss, maybe a noise supressor would help you out

I'm Using Planet Waves and Grover leads. I'm only getting the noise off my Epiphone SG and no other guitars.
open up the cavity in the back of the guitar and look to see if there is any shielding in there (this usually is just some copper or aluminium foil stuck in the back). if there isn't any there, then go ahead and shield it! this website link is basically a walk through of how to do it, this site applies to strats but it's the same basic idea. good luck!
I opened up my guitar it was shielded and everything was in order so I just bought myself one of these on ebay after looking up some reviews
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BETA-AIVIN-NOISE-GATE-EFFECTS-PEDAL-NEW_W0QQitemZ370080045879QQihZ024QQcategoryZ22669QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Apparently they're made in the same factory as boss and there is no differance between the boss version of these