I own a B-52 AT 112. I already swapped out the tubes, which was a very good move on my part.

That being said, is it worth it to swap out its stock speaker? I play mostly at bedroom levels.

If it is worth swapping, recommendations? I play mostly hard rock and metal.

Thanks
WTLTL 2011
Depends on how you feel about the amp. Do you love it? Or do you see it as an amp you'll be stepping up from in the near future?

If you love it, then a speaker swap would be a quality investment. Something like an Eminence Legend or Swamp Thang would be nice.

If you think you'll be moving onto bigger and better things, maybe your next purchase should be something like a quality speaker cab that you could plug this amp into, and use with your next amp as well.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I don't think I'll be moving up any time soon. I'm pretty much a bedroom player, and I don't think I'll be able to turn the more expensive amps up enough to really get the bang for my buck.
WTLTL 2011
if you play metal check out the celestion g12k-100 lots of bottom end and mid range make it a perfect fit for playing at bedroom levels. i have one in a 1x12 cab and a modded epi VJ and it sounds kick a$$ with a metal muff.
Last edited by mmjohn at Aug 28, 2008,