I'm thinking of putting 11s (d'addario (11 - 49) on my Godin SD. I already have 11s on both my strats and they are fine in standard tuning, but I had to add springs to the trem. The Godin is a shorter scale so will I need to add springs or just adjust the screws in the trem cavity a bit?
MIM Fender Strat
Shecter Blackjack ATX
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T
Godin SD
Norman ST40
Yamaha CG-171S
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Tonebone Plexitube
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell
Maxon OD-9

Highway 1 Fender Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Tonebone Classic
You'll have to give it a good setup, and maybe add a few springs if it needs them.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
You'll have to give it a good setup, and maybe add a few springs if it needs them.

What exactly do you mean by a good setup, for both strats, which should require more changes to due the longer scale, I only adjusted the action and intonation as it was needed.
MIM Fender Strat
Shecter Blackjack ATX
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T
Godin SD
Norman ST40
Yamaha CG-171S
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Tonebone Plexitube
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell
Maxon OD-9

Highway 1 Fender Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Tonebone Classic
well, the tension of .011's on a 24.75" scale is similar to 10's on a 25.5" scale
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by RhoadsLivesOn
What exactly do you mean by a good setup, for both strats, which should require more changes to due the longer scale, I only adjusted the action and intonation as it was needed.

Well, by good I mean like, nicely executed.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
And why should a longer scale length require more setting up as well? Just set it up right and then you'll be fine. Put them on and adjust as necessary.
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Quote by J.MitMetallica
And why should a longer scale length require more setting up as well? Just set it up right and then you'll be fine. Put them on and adjust as necessary.

There is more tension in a longer scale guitar. .011s on the Godin will have lower tension than on the strats therefore the same amount or less adjustments should be made.

Quote by Lil Macker

Well, by good I mean like, nicely executed.

lol. I took that as a given, what I meant is what do you mean by setup (all I did for both my strats was tweak the action and intonation.)
MIM Fender Strat
Shecter Blackjack ATX
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T
Godin SD
Norman ST40
Yamaha CG-171S
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Tonebone Plexitube
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell
Maxon OD-9

Highway 1 Fender Strat
Fender Blues Junior