hi UG
i bought a peavey valveking 112 like 2 weeks ago
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-112-Combo-Amp?sku=481442
and i love it to death
this has nothing to do with this amp but in the musucians friend page says you can have a 4,8 or 16 OHMS speaker
and i just wanted to know whats the diference between them
and also wanted to know if this speaker is good for my peavey
http://www.zzounds.com/item--CELVINT3008
Gear:
LTD MH-1000
Ibanez RG350EX
ibanez GSA60
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss GE-7 EQ
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Digitech RP350
I don't know much about ohms but apparently it's easier to swap the speaker if you get a 16ohms one, less hassle and straight swap apparently, no rewiring necessary, but I don't know for sure so don't take my word for it..
RULE BRITANNIA
it should say on the back of your speaker what ohm rating (impedance) it has. basically, any replacement speaker you get would need to be the same impedance as the stock speaker.

the v30 should be alright, but what type of music do you play? you have a lot of options for speakers (you could try the only speaker thread, and maybe the valveking thread, too, for more recommendations).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Valveking thread is amazing, IbanezPsycho and Bartdevil will answer almost any question you have about amps, they know what they're talking about.
RULE BRITANNIA
I think that 4, 8 and 16 ohms listed on specs on MF is incorrect. I think they are referring to the Line Out options on the 212 not the 112. The 112 is wired for 16 ohms only so stick with that. Your user manual should be what you go by or the peavey web site.

Dave_Mc is very knowledgeable as well and asks a good question. The Ultimate Speaker Thread is a great resource too. I've been reading up on that thread.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=823671

^ + ^^
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?