Okay, my band are still a while away from playing a gig, however, we plan oon playing one sometime next ar yand I'm wondering; The rhythm guitarist and I are in a school theatre group, we perform every yeaar infront of 200 people, could this help with onstage confidence?? could this make us less nervous onstage??

please let me know.
yeah, basically there more exp u hae playing anything in front of people generally increase courage

but it will still be a while before ur confident to jump around, and understand the natural flow of playing music life

if that makes sense
well we play theatre pieces 3 times a year infront of large crowds and we both have the same guitar teacher and we play 2 songs live with him twice a year, thats 5 things where we are before a crowd.
most musicians have no stage experience at all before they play their first gig i think. so youre in pretty good conditions.
You'll probably do fine, my first gig I shook through the first song, and half the next, but after we got some clapping and people actually into it, we began to relax.
Yeah it's really about experience on stage...I have only played a few gigs (only one with a decent size crowd) but the nervousness is starting to wear off. Usually on the first song I have the "gig nerves"..but shortly after that it's gone.
Quote by stratkat
You'll probably do fine, my first gig I shook through the first song, and half the next, but after we got some clapping and people actually into it, we began to relax.

Same for me, listening to a Mp3 player recording the first song my band played was the worst in our set, after that first initial shock of having people look at you its not so bad once your up there.
I found that after I played my first gig the nerves wear off every time you play.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by ScottB.
I found that after I played my first gig the nerves wear off every time you play.

this

my first show i was a bit nervous, but honestly each time it gets easier and easier. last night i had a show that i was confident enough that i got drunk before hand, didnt even think twice about playing or who was out there. honestly i just think to myself "who cares" im playing my music, they are here for one reason or another, but im gonna do my thing either way so kinda block out the audience, but at the same time dont neglect them. have fun, if your having fun it shows, and people tend to like watching you more. my 2 cents.
Quote by thedefrockednun
well we play theatre pieces 3 times a year infront of large crowds and we both have the same guitar teacher and we play 2 songs live with him twice a year, thats 5 things where we are before a crowd.

You can't quantify confidence. Life is not a video game.

Whether you have played live 3 times or a million, your confidence could be awful, or you could have amazing presence.

The best way, is to just play live. You'll know by the time you finish whether you were ready or not.

Either way, everyone has their "first-gig"(Not necessarily the first one, but the one were they wanted to **** their pants). So there is no loss, it has to happen eventually.
Quote by kgesme21

Quote by Hsupernova

Oh yeah, and if guitar hero got you into the guitar? you're really playing for the wrong reasons.

there is no wrong reason to play a guitar, except for world enslavement and extermination of certain races, but those guys never make it big anyway.
what u need to do is get someone u know in the audience whether it be your girlfriend or just a good friend and get them to be abnoxiously loud about how good you are throughout your set

it helps
Nervouseness and stage fright and lack of confidence are always barriers to a good show.

I have found the best way to counter this, is to believe in yourself. You must tell yourself, hey this is going to kick ass. You have to tell yourself your going to have a good time, and have fun. Remember to Communicate, and listen, and just be yourself. Music is about expression, and its not about OH NO THE AUDIANCE WILL HATE THIS. If you have a negative attitude as soon as you go on, you're boned, so just rock out and make noise!
Just make sure you open with something easy and are comfortable with the entire set. The adrenaline rush you get when you realise you aren't ****ing up the songs is amazing.
i remember my first real show infront of people was at a school talent show infront of about 300 people and the whole entire time my left leg was shaking and i couldnt control it. it was rather embarassing
Don't sweat it. After you play your first (good) show you'll want to gig every night.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
its all about how much time you spend on stage, experience, etc. if you get enough xp you might level up.
Quote by landerson
its all about how much time you spend on stage, experience, etc. if you get enough xp you might level up.

at lvl 60 you can get epic confidence.
Quote by FuzzyBear
you can also get epic confidence at lower levels using the item beer+3

beer is pretty much like the level up potion. unfortunately, later you level down again. as do some of your brain cells. but they can take care of themselves.
Quote by landerson
beer is pretty much like the level up potion. unfortunately, later you level down again. as do some of your brain cells. but they can take care of themselves.

Yeah, and cocain is like a cheat code that causes the game to eventualy crash.
Quote by niguitars.com
ferguson can always have confidence in playing giggs

that deserved a lol, and it's criminal how it was over looked.

lol

...there ya go
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Don't call me crazy, but eating bananas half an hour before a gig suppresses nervousness in the brain. The one time I didn't do this, the gig went fine but inside I thought I was going to have a mental breakdown during the first two songs.
Quote by BrickIsRed
Don't call me crazy, but eating bananas half an hour before a gig suppresses nervousness in the brain. The one time I didn't do this, the gig went fine but inside I thought I was going to have a mental breakdown during the first two songs.

I eat them for energy before a gig and never realised they also had that effect. But it's nice to know.
Quote by BrickIsRed

its probably just the energy boost from the banana that helps you, never heard of anyway to stop nervousness like that while studying for my psychology degree

the nerves come from the adrenaline boost caused by the bodies flight or fight response to stressors. The stress response will also have some other effects on your physiology that you might notice before a gig including bladder relaxation, which if your anything like me explains why you need to pee loads in the time running up to showtime.

The only way to get it really under control is through preperation & experience
Quote by FuzzyBear
its probably just the energy boost from the banana that helps you, never heard of anyway to stop nervousness like that while studying for my psychology degree

the nerves come from the adrenaline boost caused by the bodies flight or fight response to stressors. The stress response will also have some other effects on your physiology that you might notice before a gig including bladder relaxation, which if your anything like me explains why you need to pee loads in the time running up to showtime.

The only way to get it really under control is through preperation & experience

Read this: http://www.celticharper.com/bananas.html
You'll be fine.
Just make sure you know the songs like the back of your had.
Not to brag, but I wasn't nervous at all my first gig because I knew the songs inside and out, so I was sure I wasn't going to mess up.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by BrickIsRed

"The facts: Well, we haven't exactly done any lab tests. But according to many people, it does work; how effective it is depends on your body chemistry and state of mind. The more you believe it works, the more it seems to work. "

true they do contain beta blockers which are used to treat hypertension and so could possibly help against the dilation of blood vessels caused by the stress response but thats only one part of the sympoms of anxiety, nerves & stress.

its probably more to do with banana's being high energy foods which helps your body manage the adrenaline boost, plus if you believe it'll stop the nerves itll act as a placebo and theyll stop, unless once you know of the placebo effect it wont work anymore