Poll: harry potter the gayest book in history?
Poll Options
View poll results: harry potter the gayest book in history?
Hell yeah
51 34%
No!!! we love Harry
98 66%
Voters: 149.
Page 1 of 2
Which One?
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
'sallright i guess
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
It's not gay...it's just a stupid premise for a book.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
I think the TS is gay, and by saying the book is the gayest book ever, he is saying that he loves it, and wishes to fornicate with it

amirite?
MYSPACE
MYUG

Quote by lp_std
no idea but your avatar wins
not ever, but quite

unless you're a little kid, in which case it might be "pretty cool." i swear the book is catered to kids, why is it so hot among everybody?
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
if he's so magical, why does he need glasses?!?!?!?
"For whiter teeth......try a F*CKING toothbrush!"
Sorry, no. Harry Potter, despite any pseudo-masculating protests to the contrary by 13-year-old metalheads with ironic but obvious hardons for Zakk Wylde and Alexi Laiho, Harry Potter is not "gay". It's at once one of the greatest children's books ever and a hugely significant literary event, based not only on its huge popularity and influence on this generation but its timelessness and lasting appeal. In 50 years people will mention Rowling in the same breath as Tolkein and Lewis. Anyone with any scrap of appreciation for literature or modern culture understands this.
My Stuff:
PRS SE Soapbar II
ESP LTD EC-50 (Seymour JB & '59)
Peavey Backstage Plus (1x10 35W)
Peavey Classic (2X12 100W)

Yamaha FG-750s circa 1978

Wishlist:
Fishman Rare Earth acoustic pickups
Boss RC-2 or RC-20
This totally reminds me of that gothic fanfic.

Good times...
Quote by Jimmy94

"I like dark jazz like OPETH"
"you should listen to BETWEEN THE BURIED IN ME"
"that is not real jazz"
"LOL R U KIDDING ME HNNNNGGGG"
Quote by Ixthyx
Sorry, no. Harry Potter, despite any pseudo-masculating protests to the contrary by 13-year-old metalheads with ironic but obvious hardons for Zakk Wylde and Alexi Laiho, Harry Potter is not "gay". It's at once one of the greatest children's books ever and a hugely significant literary event, based not only on its huge popularity and influence on this generation but its timelessness and lasting appeal. In 50 years people will mention Rowling in the same breath as Tolkein and Lewis. Anyone with any scrap of appreciation for literature or modern culture understands this.

What he said. I really enjoyed reading harry potter. They were very good books for being non-literary fiction.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
Quote by pawnshopguitars
NO, BUT I THINK THAT WRITING ENTIRELY IN CAPITALS AND IN ORANGE IS A TAD ANNOYING, TO SAY THE LEAST.

It's probably a bit gay too, ya'know?
Harry Potter sucks balls. I never read the seventh book; I wish I had bought one of those shirts they made that had all the spoilers on the front of it, before the book came out. It would've been epic lulz.
Quote by Ixthyx

Overstatement much?

I like Harry Potter well enough, but it is simultaneously not the best children's book (or series) I have ever read, nor on the level of Tolkien, Lewis, LeGuin, or any other great. They are decent children's books, and provide an entertaining read, but that is about all. I don't understand why it is so popular (based on it's merits), but I don't begrudge it either.
Quote by Vykk Draygo
Overstatement much?

I like Harry Potter well enough, but it is simultaneously not the best children's book (or series) I have ever read, nor on the level of Tolkien, Lewis, LeGuin, or any other great. They are decent children's books, and provide an entertaining read, but that is about all. I don't understand why it is so popular (based on it's merits), but I don't begrudge it either.

It reintroduced a generation of near-illiterate children to the joys of reading.
Quote by Cyberbob
It's probably a bit gay too, ya'know?

Yeah, now you come to mentuon it, it's ALSO VERY GAY.

I did want to remain PC about this, but hell, you make a good point
No... Harry twatter is most certainly not a gay book, it's fabulous!
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
If you're going to be an ass, could you please not make it be known you're Scottish?
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by Cyberbob
It reintroduced a generation of near-illiterate children to the joys of reading.

And now their's graffiti everywhere.

CON FUCKING SPIRACY, PEOPLE!
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
No, harry's the sh!t
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Quote by Cyberbob

Sort of. I don't deny that more children read it, but that doesn't make it the best. I would honestly like to know how many of them kept reading, and expanded their horizons.

I wish more children had parents like mine, who stoked my interest in reading from a young age. Reading really is a great thing, but I am skeptical that a single book (or series) can actually bring about such a catharsis in so many people. And I don't think a book is the answer to bring more people to reading, I think that lays with parents. I always say that there is a book for everyone out there, but it can't be the same book for everyone. In that way, Harry Potter seems more like a cultural phenomenon than anything.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that it brought some people to reading, but I don't think that should itself be a reason for calling it a great. That should be based purely on it's literary achievements, and it's pretty standard on that front. Honestly, it's formulaic, predictable, and repeatable (obviously, or it wouldn't be a series). Again, don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it a very good bit while reading it, but I'm also looking past the hype.

Meh. What a pointless post.
Quote by Ixthyx

Wow, someone took a good stab at inflating their ego there. Swallow the dictionary did you? And you spelled Tolkien wrong.
I personally detest the Harry Potter set of novels (if you can call them that). I've read several of them and I still can't see where the attraction in them is, nor can I understand why they're so popular and bigged-up constantly.

EDIT: And I agree with the chap who claimed that Rowling will never be viewed with the same reverence as Tolkien or Lewis. In 50 years most of this will be forgotten, or shelved for people who enjoy classic literature, like Danielle Steele novels.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Last edited by BlackLuster at Aug 27, 2008,
lol i actually like books
i just wanted to see what kinda response it got
eats the funk, breathes the metal and dranks the blues
Quote by Minkaro
Yes it is.

I was walking past my bookcase, and I saw it attempting to fornicate with Adrian Mole!

SCANDAL! Alert the press!

I like the Harry Potter books so there.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by Ixthyx

...You didn't.
No, this is.
Quote by SynGates7X

you are indeed mr. awesome.

Quote by Duane_Allman
eckmann88 you sir are a god.

Quote by SavageNights
Oh, you're so damn shallow, eckmann88. They have nice boobs, don't they?

Quote by DraketheFake
good job eckman, seriously, that last one alone would give me an eternal erection!

Help
Space
Page 1 of 2