so i just got my new used Jackson SL-3 Amberburst and i must say im overall happy although im a little annoyed because the guy selling it said it had an original floyd rose but it actually has a jackson licensed Floyd rose and the neck is REALLY dry and cracked which kinda sucks

i have a few questions

1) is there supposed to be a cushion thing behind the bridge inside the body?

2)does anyone know which licensed floyd rose it is most similar to b/c i looked on the floydrose set up thread and it didn't have jackson, it just had the various ibanez ones

3) how good are jackson floyd roses? i heard they're close to originals but not as good as edge pros?

thnks
Gear:
Jackson SL-3 Soloist w/ licensed Floyd Rose
Peavey VK 100 Head
Earcandy Boa 2X12 Cab w/ 70 watt Speakers
Fender Frontman 15 Watt Practice Amp

I'M SELLING A HOHNER HR1000 GUITAR. PM ME FOR INFO.
1) depends. i'm not sure it matters either way, if it has the cushion it's just to protect the guitar's finish when you pull up.

2) i think, from memory, it's a low profile trem- it'll be similar to the ibanez lo-pro edge in setup (if that one's in the floyd rose setup thread).

3) they're alright, i think. not as good as OFR or ibanez edge, gotoh or schaller, but better than some of the really cheapo floyd copies.

that's a shame the dude lied to you. i'd take it back, or ask him about it if you bought it on ebay etc. i mean, if you'd known it didn't have an OFR, you might not have bought it...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
he was probably going by current specs rather than the actual ones for his model's year. get in touch with him and ask about a possible getting some money back at least, they aren't bad but it's not what you were expecting.

I've heard about jackson trems being a direct swap for OFRs so you should be ok if the trem wears out but that's just a rumour I've heard. I'd ask somewhere like jcfonline.com before buying an OFR should the need arise.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Im pretty sure sl3 trems are the JT590 which is jacksons best tremelo. (well the new sl3s have real floyd rose but they also arent as good as ofr's. something about them is cheap compared to OFR but i forget what.)

I dont really like the JT590 though(assuming that IS whats on sl3s because i have an sl3 with what i believe is a JT590. I dont really like the profile of it and it doesnt hold up tune wise to my original edge or some OFR's i have played.

But like dave said, its definately better than some of the cheapo liscensed floyd rose trems.

Take it back if your unhappy with the condition.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
yeah, i think the FRT-2000s (or whatever they're called) on the new sl3s are made in korea or something?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^That is correct. They are not Schaller OFR's, but they are OFR's
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
edwards seem to have similar ones, maybe schecter etc. too. Not sure how much poorer they are than the schaller OFRs, but it's certainly made me a lot more wary. are they like a similar thing to those ping ones from a while back? or are they something different again?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I never played oe, but i think its indeed something like the ping OFR's we had a couple of years ago. Not bad at all, but the durability of the schallers might be longer.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
yeah, i tried one a while back, but it's hard to tell from a few minutes' playing in a shop...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?