Page 1 of 2
So many of you may be aware that AC/DC's new album is out soon!
Hooray! I hear you cry - break out the kilts and the groupies!

However, you may also be aware that they're only releasing it through Wal-Mart. Now, whilst I'm aware that many of the "big companies are evil" reasons people give for downloading music illegally are complete bull****, this really does seem to me like something that has to be stopped.

So how about it, folks - who wants to help me boycott Black Ice?

By all means download it, give it to all your friends on a CD, but for ****'s sake don't buy it from Wal-Mart. Until you see it in a real CD shop, don't pay for your AC/DC fix.

I realise I'm going to get some flaming for this, but I think if we work together, maybe we can make a small difference. Thoughts, anyone?
What's wrong with Wallmart? They don't even have them in most countries anyway so I'm guessing they will just be in most normal shops everywhere except America. If I decide to get it it'll be off amazon anyway.
For me it would feel weird buying a cd from walmart or any other place that isn't a record store. I don't really like AC/DC so I wont' buy it
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
Hmmm, even if all the people that saw this thread did boycott I don't think it would make a difference.
Quote by Abe Knuckleball
What's wrong with Wallmart? They don't even have them in most countries anyway so I'm guessing they will just be in most normal shops everywhere except America. If I decide to get it it'll be off amazon anyway.

I'm British, so personal prejudices aside, it's more the fact that it's ONLY available in Wal-Mart. The whole point of releasing an album should be to spread your music, not force people to buy it from one shop (which then controls the selling price, since they have a monopoly).

Quote by Portuguese_boy
Hmmm, even if all the people that saw this thread did boycott I don't think it would make a difference.

You're probably right. But you have to start somewhere, right?
Let's just illegally download their album instead.
That'll piss them off!
Luckily we don't have Walmarts in Britain so we'll be alright

Unless they only sell them in Asda, which is owned by Walmart, and the nearest one to me is over an hour away
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Wait...

When did AC/DC go back in style? I thought they went out with huge sunglasses and bell bottoms
Why? What is wrong with this? The band can choose to release it however they want. They could release it through Jolly Pirate Donuts if they wanted to, if they made a consensual deal with the company. Wal-Mart is not forcing AC/DC to sell their CD only through their store, they made a deal so they could both make more money. It's a good idea.

Stop being a Capitalism cock-blocker.
Quote by CLVPX
Wow, SkyValley = Epic win.
Quote by Portuguese_boy

+1, not to mention i never buy cd's and im currently anti-acdc, everytime i hear it i immediatly turn it off.
Quote by Portuguese_boy

You mean all 15 of us?
Quote by Dinodrummer
Wait...

When did AC/DC go back in style? I thought they went out with huge sunglasses and bell bottoms

When did bell bottoms and aviator shades go out of style? I still wear both of those and I'm pretty stylish... I think.
i buy almost all my CD's from wallmart

It's cheaper then everywhere else.
Quote by jgou812
i buy almost all my CD's from wallmart

It's cheaper then everywhere else.

Thanks for running all the indie record stores who actually like music out of business.
Quote by Cyberbob
Thanks for running all the indie record stores who actually like music out of business.

Are you serious?
Quote by Abe Knuckleball

so i'm off to asda to buy i then!

no i probably won't buy it because i dont feel that i need it
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by !@#$
You realize you can get it from AC/DC.com right?

I did.
Quote by Cyberbob

wow
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
Quote by Abe Knuckleball

Wal Mart have people believing they have the lower prices for everything, even though it's not true. This way, they drive alot of people out of business. They also treat their employees like ****.

Anyways, that still won't make me boycott Black Ice. Hopefully we can buy it elsewhere here in Canada.

I just listened Rock and Rock Train (It should be Runnaway BTW) on acdc.com
Very good song. Brian's voice sounds really good, although not like it used to be.
Typical AC/DC lyrics, great sounding guitars. Very good song.
Quote by Cyberbob
Let's just illegally download their album instead.
That'll piss them off!

^^^
I was just gonna torrent it anyway...
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
it's really easy to talk about protesting wallmart if you can afford to shop in nicer places isn't it?
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Quote by blackflag49
Disliking Wal-Mart now makes you an elitist.

In the context the TC put it in, yeah, it is elitist.
Just because it's not being sold in some crappy little 'indie' store doesn't mean that your life is over. Get over it.
I probably wouldn't get it. I doubt an old band not named Iron Maiden could come back form the dead to release any good material. And I own three AC/DC albums.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Erik_Aero
I wasn't going to get it anyway.

That..
We can only guffaw at all the humbug we are told about martyrs.
Quote by TheNthDimension
So many of you may be aware that AC/DC's new album is out soon!
Hooray! I hear you cry - break out the kilts and the groupies!

However, you may also be aware that they're only releasing it through Wal-Mart. Now, whilst I'm aware that many of the "big companies are evil" reasons people give for downloading music illegally are complete bull****, this really does seem to me like something that has to be stopped.

So how about it, folks - who wants to help me boycott Black Ice?

By all means download it, give it to all your friends on a CD, but for ****'s sake don't buy it from Wal-Mart. Until you see it in a real CD shop, don't pay for your AC/DC fix.

I realise I'm going to get some flaming for this, but I think if we work together, maybe we can make a small difference. Thoughts, anyone?

i realized you spelled realise wrong.
.anyways ok i'll download!!!
Wal-mart is not the only place in the whole world that's going to sell it, surely.
There will be plenty of sites selling it online and I'm pretty sure some indie record stores will have it. I think the intention is just to stop it ending up in over-priced mainstream shops like HMV and such.
Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Tokai LC53 Les Paul Custom
Tokai ALS48 Love Rock Les Paul Standard
Marshall DSL-50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Quote by Retro Rocker
In the context the TC put it in, yeah, it is elitist.
Just because it's not being sold in some crappy little 'indie' store doesn't mean that your life is over. Get over it.

I bet all the CDs i'm interested in buying would be hard to find in wal-mart so it would be prefered if they didn't put every other CD store out of business

Not that i'm American or anything...or can even find CDs I want in any store...

Thank **** for the internet
Page 1 of 2