Prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrractise
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
I would think knowing the scales would help tremendously.
"It it best to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open your mouth and prove it."
what I do is just remember the string's note and how many semitones is one note from another
No problem. Good luck.
"It it best to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open your mouth and prove it."
i just go through all the note's E F F# etc etc on all the strings, i havent really worked out and practiced enough to know all the scales and stuff... but once i get some scales down and i know what notes go in them, all ill need to do is to study the stepping patterns on the fretboard, after a while itll just be liking doing abc.. except with the notes on each string...

yea so basically starting at the bottom, learning the note pattern/ progression on each string and working from there.. i mean there is know point learning how to write a sentence (scales?) if you cant spell (notes on the neck)... thats just might opinion anyway...
Try learning scales and writing them out on a sheet with a fretboard drawn out on it. To make things simpler, try learning the first 12 frets first since the 13th fret is the same as the 1st, 14th as the 2nd, etc.
Epiphone G-400
Epiphone Valve Junior Half Stack
Fender DG-20CE
I like that daniel, that was a good way of putting it. +1 to you.
All the notes on the fretboard are A-G with their sharps and flats, with the exception of B#/Cb and E# which don't exist on a normal fretboard, as long as you can remember that, it should come pretty clear, but here's a diagram anyway

E-F-F#-G-G#-A-A#-B-C-C#-D-D#-E
http://musictheory.net/

Under Trainers Drop Down pick - guitar trainer...
Good Ultimate-Guitar deals:
s.r.v. / Soapboxhero / dbrettw / laxduck / O00Coolzero00O / 1mmpick

Good Harmony-Central deals:

Quicksilver 689 / antiochband / KjStrat / Critter / guillatool1

Good SevenString.org deals:

Guitarmiester / TMM
For Scales and Modes you can go here:

http://visualguitar.com/vg-pro-1-0/vg-pro.php
Good Ultimate-Guitar deals:
s.r.v. / Soapboxhero / dbrettw / laxduck / O00Coolzero00O / 1mmpick

Good Harmony-Central deals:

Quicksilver 689 / antiochband / KjStrat / Critter / guillatool1