Hello my fellow forum mates,
just started playing guitar (3 months)
getting annoyed as hell with my classic yamaha c40
looking to buy something better that i would ENJOY playing
i got it down to 3 diffrent guitars please help me out on this one
as far for what i play i cant say cuz i am a begginer but i like all styles of music
here are the models i can get my hands on.
ibanez SA260FM
EPIPHONE SG G-400
JACKSON JS30 DINKY
I'd get the SG. You, try them out. The one that feels and sounds better is the one you should buy.
all 3 are good... you'd have to try them out your self to figure out which one you want though... you have to decide for yourself which one you're most comfortable with...
thanks a lot
gonna sit for few hours at the store trying them out
thanks again
If you want to know my opinion, go for an acoustic guitar. As you said, you are a beginner. That's why you have to hear what, and how, you play. Acoustic is more suitable for that.
Quote by Gh.
If you want to know my opinion, go for an acoustic guitar. As you said, you are a beginner. That's why you have to hear what, and how, you play. Acoustic is more suitable for that.

The Yamaha C40 he has is an acoustic guitar.

To TS, the Ibanez SA260FM I personally believe is the best guitar out of the three easily. Great build, versatile as hell and a tremolo system for you to use to understand how it works and such.
The Yamaha C40 he has is an acoustic guitar.

That yamaha is a classical guitar, and there is a big difference between it and a acoustic. Furthermore, electric and acoustic guitars have much more in common(will help in future), and because of it's construction will help him develop better technique(acoustic is more challenging in playing). All in all, an acoustic will certainly be a good choice.

If you're strongly determined to buy yourself an electric, watch out for those with tremolo. Buy one only when you'll sure that you need one, otherwise it'll give only troubles with tuning and restringing.

Good luck and have fun playing your new gear.
well i was thinking of buying ESP but my guitar teacher says i should not
cuz its has a sound signature and i would not develop my own sound
so i am looking for anything thats coming close to ESP sound
but also dynamic enough to play blues
cuz i bet u know ESP is NOT a blues guitar its a chainsaw
Epiphone les paul also sounds pretty heavy & chunky i like that sound
but a bit more expensive
i am kinda looking for "the stooges - search & destroy" sound if i can make myself clear enough
so single coil is
Last edited by 7lay3rX at Aug 27, 2008,