I just bought a jamman, but the only way to turn it off appears to be unplugging the power?

Is this right, seems like the power port would wear over time?
I believe that's the only way. Unless there's some way to do it mentioned in the instruction manual, or an on/off switch you missed, you'll have to unplug it to power it off.

My Digitech BP200 has no other means of powering off except for unplugging the pedal, neither does my friend's RP250, so I guess this is common of the big Digitech pedals..
My RP250 doesn't turn off unless you unplug it. It has an analog bypass feature, but it never turns completely off. It takes a couple seconds to turn on, so it's better keeping it on with easy access rather than playing a gig with the pedal off, then waiting 5 seconds in the middle of the song waiting for your pedal to turn on.
Quote by boyd98
I just bought a jamman, but the only way to turn it off appears to be unplugging the power?

Is this right, seems like the power port would wear over time?

Do you mean, the effect won't switch off when you press the bypass, or there is no power switch?

I have never seen a pedal that turns off other than by removing the power/battery or the cable from the input.

I may be misunderstanding the problem though.
I've got the Jamman and yup there's no on/off so you have to unplug it. I find it a pain as I like to have all my stuff plugged in and ready to go whenever.