Well after going through a ton of amps, i have narrowed it down to bugera 333xl or the B-52 At-212 (i would get either the half stack with avatar cab or the combo), but the problem is i cant try out a bugera anywhere close to me. So which one would you reccomend, i play a pretty vast range of music, from sparkly cleans to modern metal and some older metallica. For example i play some eric clapton, but also trivium, and A7x. My budget is 800 USD.

I am also debating whether just to steak it out for a few more months with my spider III and save up for an egnater tourmaster with a bad monkey.

Also if i was to get the At or Bugera, i would have money for a few pedals (chorus and echo etc.)
Get the Bugera, they seem pretty versatile and also pretty insane if you want it.
Yeah.. wait a bit longer, I'd recommed until christmas and sell the Spider.
For sale
BC Rich Mockingbird Exotic Classic in Koa
Dean VMNT in Silver
Marshall TSL JCM2000 Head

PM For info!

My band
hey man..i would say go for the Bugera cause i own one. i have the 6262. and i love it

but if you save like a few hundred bucks more...you get somthing way nicer. you could get you like a 6505+ half stack or somthing like that. even the egnater if you want.

i have a 5150 II half stack and a mesa dual rect as well.
even somthing like that would be great for you.
'92 Mesa Dual Rectifier Blackface
Peavey 5150 II half stack
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
Quote by AndyRevenge
hey man..i would say go for the Bugera cause i own one. i have the 6262. and i love it

but if you save like a few hundred bucks more...you get somthing way nicer. you could get you like a 6505+ half stack or somthing like that. even the egnater if you want.

i have a 5150 II half stack and a mesa dual rect as well.
even somthing like that would be great for you.

Agreed.
If you have to gig VERY SOON, then settling for a bugera would be fine, but if you can save up more, BY ALL MEANS, DO.
I don't think you should go for a 5150 II if you play clapton, but a recto, or the egnater would be descent.
I say egnater though.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
true. the recto or egnater would be better for you
'92 Mesa Dual Rectifier Blackface
Peavey 5150 II half stack
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
Meh... Rectos...

Dude a 6262 sound strikingly simaliar if not better than the 5150s ...
Bugeras are cream of the crop!
BUT!

I actually, In this situation, reccomend that you save for a Carvin V3
Based on what you said, this amp would work perfect for you.
yea i know it would be better if i saved in the long run...

but i need a new amp in general. If i pushed it to under 1000, is there anything in the pricerange that would fit my needs?

Another idea is to save up for the randall rm50, with 2 or so modules, would that work?
Last edited by gaga94 at Aug 27, 2008,
Quote by gaga94
yea i know it would be better if i saved in the long run...

but i need a new amp in general. If i pushed it to under 1000, is there anything in the pricerange that would fit my needs?

Another idea is to save up for the randall rm50, with 2 or so modules, would that work?

I say...
get the rackmount preamp thing and a tube poweramp.
Lol.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
^^ sorry for the noob question but what does that meen =-(

If i did save up for the MTS which modules be the best, lets say i would get 2 or 3.

I play lots of metal, trivium, metallica, avenged sevenfold, and i also play some cleans and everything inbetween

also, would you reccomend saving for the egnater tourmaster or getting the MTS, as it is probably more versatile
Quote by Horlicks
Save up for the Egnater

this this this.

that egnater could possibly be the last amp you would ever need. 4 channels, "modern" clean, "vintage" clean, "modern" OD and "vintage" OD. plus all 4 channels can individually switch from 100 to 10 watts. with 50 and 25 in between.

grab the head and an avatar cab with speakers of your choosing.

**EDIT** wow, i really talked it up. its like i work for egnater or something . anyway, it is a nasty lil amp with a lot of features. check it out, i would say save for it. if i wasnt so in love my with my F-50 this is what i'd be getting.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Last edited by LaidBack at Aug 29, 2008,
I wasn't all too impressed by the Tourmaster's high gain sound, and for $800 I think you could do better than the Bugera or B-52.

Here's my advice:

Buy Mesa Mark III or Rect/Trem-O-Verb combo.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
did you try it with a boost in front MatrixClaw? the boost helped it out quite a bit.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
did you try it with a boost in front MatrixClaw? the boost helped it out quite a bit.

No, but I'm not too fond of amps that require outside help to sound good.

I'd rather have an amp that sounds good by itself and better with a pedal, than an amp that sounds ok by itself and good with a pedal.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
i would want to try b4 i buy but nowhere close to me sells mesa (other than express which sucked) that would be in myprice range used.... i tryied the dual rectifier and single and i wasnt very impressed...

Ok so save up for the egnater, does anyone know how it is for metal? Also which would bebetter for modern high gain, MTS or Egnater?
Quote by gaga94
i would want to try b4 i buy but nowhere close to me sells mesa (other than express which sucked) that would be in myprice range used.... i tryied the dual rectifier and single and i wasnt very impressed...

Ok so save up for the egnater, does anyone know how it is for metal? Also which would bebetter for modern high gain, MTS or Egnater?

I agree, the 3 Channel Dual Rectifier and Single Rectifier are less than inspiring, but the Rect-O-Verb and Trem-O-Verb are MUCH better sounding amps imo. The low end is much tighter and they just overall sound better.

MTS as in the Randall MTS? The Randall destroys the Egnater in sound quality imo, plus you can change out modules if you get bored with it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
of those two mesas which has better cleans, and would they compare tothe egnaters?

So many mixed answers, i cant decide wat to get? I think the MTS so far due to the versatiility, but i loved the cleans on the egnater and the distortion from it on this demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMNFNjwZxdc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFKEF6tG8KE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWeN2Z-b_Ok&feature=related

so would i be able to get similair tones to that with the MTS?
Quote by gaga94
of those two mesas which has better cleans, and would they compare tothe egnaters?

So many mixed answers, i cant decide wat to get? I think the MTS so far due to the versatiility, but i loved the cleans on the egnater and the distortion from it on this demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMNFNjwZxdc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFKEF6tG8KE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWeN2Z-b_Ok&feature=related

so would i be able to get similair tones to that with the MTS?

Both cleans are really good, I don't really remember what the sounded like on the Mark III to tell the truth, but I know they didn't suck. Both Mesa amps are capable of nice cleans.

Those videos are also done by Guitar World, which means there's probably post EQing on the track, which means that's not the true sound of the amp. Honestly, I didn't like how any of those videos sounded, but I'm sure you could dial in a tone similar to that on the MTS series with the right modules.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com