Quite a few pit monkeys are off to Uni/College soon (god help us), so I thought I'd make a thread about University survival....

Ok, survival might be a little bit of a strong word to use, but if youve got any tips/stories you want to share go ahead....

As for me, i'm moving into halls in september, and it turns out the halls im going into look like a prison....
So, i need some decorations to brighten up the room. I've got a big ol' RATM flag that i'll hang out, maybe i should get a Blues brothers or Ghostbusters poster to go along with it.
Also, the floors are made out of linoleum, so i'll probably need a rug....i'm not sure what type to go for, I could get a comfy shaggy rug, or i could something like one of these

so pit, what say yee?
Drive me home Jeeves
Mine shouldn't be a case of survival. I opted for the more expensive flats of 4-6 people. One block has 13 people sharing toilets and a kitchen area, sounds horrible.
you should ask ned for survival tips...

<_<

>_>

>_<

Quote by GarlicBread

*flaps arms like a stupid excited teenage girl* Oh my God! I want one of those!
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
You guys will love uni

I was a fresher last year, you have nothing to worry about. Get a carpet you don't mind getting wrecked by split drinks/footprints!
Quote by the bartender
^ this man knows his stuff.
Survival:
1. Make sure your passing.
2. Make friends early on.
3. Friends with houses nearby or in rez are preferable.
4. Have a ****fest of a good time and enjoy the best years of your life.
▼▲
Quote by shdowfox17
awesome avatar,denn0069!
Quote by Valo
The most truth I've heard in the pit.
ever.
▼▲
Ahhh I move in 4 days

I printed out loads of photos at Boots weeks ago to put on my walls.

I'm not living in halls so I don't need to worry about getting things mucky really.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
I'm starting at edinurgh in a couple of weeks I'm in halls, and apparently the best halls as well, so I'm sorted!

Just trying to get a young scot card with a fake age on it right now...
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
Am I the only person to which University doesn't at all appeal?

Maybe I'm just anti-social and lazy, but I don't want anything to do with uni. "Best years of your life!" people say, same as they do about everything in life.

Something tells me it's not so great afterwards, when you're in debt and have to get a normal crappy job anyway, because there isn't any demand for your qualifications
Quote by Vermintide
Something tells me it's not so great afterwards, when you're in debt and have to get a normal crappy job anyway, because there isn't any demand for your qualifications

To be fair, whether I go to Uni or not, my career choice could be hit or miss anyway. Unless I do a bit of Wedding photography on the side, which I might.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
And then when you graduate...

I'm not going to Uni just yet, but I find it odd how everyone only talks about the amazing social life and how much they drink, party and run around naked. If you ask about the study, they just say 'Oh, yeah, it's hard' with no further detail.

Is it really all fun and games? I find that hard to believe.
The Bends - Radiohead is the soundtrack to modern University lifestyles. Buy that album and some weed.
Quote by Vermintide

Maybe I'm just anti-social and lazy, but I don't want anything to do with uni. "Best years of your life!" people say, same as they do about everything in life.

That really depends on what subject you do
And to be honest, having a degree in pretty much any subject is gonna be a boon
I like the idea that its the stage of education where thinking for yourself is rewarded, because GCSEs and A levels just seemed to be about memorizing mark schemes
So yes, you are anti-social and lazy
Drive me home Jeeves
I'm going back on Monday. I'm really looking forward to it actually.
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.
I never went personally, started work straight from college but seeing all my friends go whilst I took the different road taught me plenty about it.

Thing's I'd like to advise you on from experience are:

Get every free thing you can from Fresher's week.
Go out on every available opportunity in Fresher's week.
Try not to wake up in hospital on Fresher's week.
If you are at one of the Birmingham universities, don't bother me during fresher's week.
Meet all the people you can during fresher's week.
Eat properly all the time, not just fresher's week. (sounds daft but the amount of phone calls I had from mates whining about constipation was unreal)
Remember you have to live in your halls of residence, don't ruin them straight away!
Have the greatest time you can, the world's your oyster, last few years of no real responsibility left until you end up like me paying bills and panicking over every letter that comes through the door!

Seriously, good luck to you all, you will absolutely love it and overall, the best tip is just think before you do!
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Well, ive ordered the road play mat, cost me a tenner + postage
Drive me home Jeeves
Im half tempted to go to my Uni room with one set of clothes some instant noodles and a pack of cards and try to win everytihng I need by playing blackjack with other, better prepared students.
Quote by Vermintide

Free third level education in Ireland, no debt for me

Also, I'm not stupid enough to do a degree for which there are no job opportunities.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Last edited by Ur all $h1t at Aug 27, 2008,