Today i was in our local guitar shops.I was checking out some guitars i got interested by a Ibanez RG series guitar.The problem is i was too stupid to ask what model is it,and there werent any titles or anything.It was a RG series guitar,with a Floyd Rose type tremolo,two IBZ humbuckers,the most noticable was the paintjob,it was like a brown sunburst with words like "The special ingridients" or smth like that,the price was similar to RG420EG.Please UG
This:

That's the RG320PG-P2

The problem with this guitar (and all the other RGs in the same price range with a trem) is the Edge III.

The Edge III isn't a very good trem and thanks to the cheap metals used in it's construction they have a habit of wearing out a lot sooner than a quality system will.

The good news is that you can either block it or replace it with an OFR (which is a much better trem). OFRs aren't cheap, but in the time it takes for the Edge III to wear out you'll have plenty of time to save up for one.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Aug 27, 2008,
Quote by 742627000017
Yeah what model is it?

Check my edited post
Quote by 742627000017
Thanks,but overal is it worth the price?

If you like it, yes.

Personally, I love Ibanez necks and I find that on the Korean RGs they tend to use lower quality hardware, but combined with good build quality; in return for a slightly dodgy trem, you get a nice neck.

The most important part is that you like the feel of the instrument. Later on, you can make adjustments like a new trem or tuners, etc.

Most instruments in the RG320's price range won't have amazing hardware, so if you're bothered by the thought of replacing some bits down the road, you'll need to save up more.

On the other hand, if you don't mind gradually customizing it bit by bit and you like the look and feel of the RG, there's no good reason why you shouldn't go for it.

As a hint, though, play the actual guitar you want before buying it, to avoid ending up with a lemon.

As an alternative, I'd suggest looking at the hardtail RGs; getting a hardtail means you'll have the same neck and playability, but without the Edge III.
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Aug 27, 2008,
One note, these things are Indo, not Korean.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
One note, these things are Indo, not Korean.

I'm pretty sure the GRGs are Indo, RGs and other mid-level guitars are Korean, and the Prestiges are Japanese made
Quote by di$TOrTed
I'm pretty sure the GRGs are Indo, RGs and other mid-level guitars are Korean, and the Prestiges are Japanese made

Older S Prestiges are Korean, the budget model RG's are mostly Indo. I used to own an RG350MDX and it was Indonesian.
Quote by 742627000017
and there werent any titles or anything

Just for future reference, look on the back of the headstock.
Quote by di$TOrTed
Anything with the Edge III is Indo - thus sub-prestige RGs all became Indo past '05.

Quote by JeffWiredBeck24
Older S Prestiges are Korean, the budget model RG's are mostly Indo. I used to own an RG350MDX and it was Indonesian.
Sí señor.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!