Right, so i was looking at selling my marshall Dsl 100 for a orange rocker 30 simply because its not really my thing, i mean i liked it alot in the shop for like the 3 quarters of a hour i played it (also i got the head for just under £450) but after awhile of having it iv grow to not nessicerrally hate it but i know i could have better. The crunch channel doesnt really have quite enough distortion for some of my rhythem needs and i like the lead channel for solos but its was too fizzy and muddy for like anything else IMO.

So i was looking at sellin my DSL and getting a orange rocker 30 (combo) , simply cause although i havent had chance to play one yet (im working on it) they sound really good from the clips iv heard. Does it take pedals well?? Im goin to be playing alot on it but mostly blues, classic rock and like harder rock although it would be very nice if i could do metal, well with a pedal obviously but i will be running a few threw it includin a EQ pedal.

Also my two main questions were whats the head room like on the clean?? and also can you have it running threw the built in speaker AND a extra 1x12 at the same time?

Sorry for the wall of text.
Quote by Zakk_Lp
Right, so i was looking at selling my marshall Dsl 100 for a orange rocker 30 simply because its not really my thing, i mean i liked it alot in the shop for like the 3 quarters of a hour i played it (also i got the head for just under £450) but after awhile of having it iv grow to not nessicerrally hate it but i know i could have better. The crunch channel doesnt really have quite enough distortion for some of my rhythem needs and i like the lead channel for solos but its was too fizzy and muddy for like anything else IMO.

So i was looking at sellin my DSL and getting a orange rocker 30 (combo) , simply cause although i havent had chance to play one yet (im working on it) they sound really good from the clips iv heard. Does it take pedals well?? Im goin to be playing alot on it but mostly blues, classic rock and like harder rock although it would be very nice if i could do metal, well with a pedal obviously but i will be running a few threw it includin a EQ pedal.

Also my two main questions were whats the head room like on the clean?? and also can you have it running threw the built in speaker AND a extra 1x12 at the same time?

Sorry for the wall of text.

It depends what kind of pedals. Considering there is no effects loop, you wouldn't be able to use stuff like reverb and delay while OD is on.

No

I'm pretty sure it can do some metal styles with an OD in front.
I've only had a bit of shop experience with it, but I loved it. Once heard a guy dial in a Killswitch Engage type high gain tone with an OD a decent EQ pedal, but he was using the head version through a Framus cab. Either way, it's a fantastic amp, but I can't really comment on the clean headroom.
So is there no way at all to have any sort of effect running through it??
Quote by Horlicks
No

Then why does it have those speaker connections on the back?
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah
That's it :|
Quote by UpTheIrons!
Then why does it have those speaker connections on the back?

Quote by Zakk_Lp

Keywords highlighted
Quote by Horlicks
Keywords highlighted

Word.

I honestly wouldn't do that with a rocker 30. If the DSL didn't have enough gain for rhythm, the rocker 30 has less than that man.

And horlicks-find a used RG550/570 for your FR equipped guitar.
Havent looked back since i got mine!
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
Word.

I honestly wouldn't do that with a rocker 30. If the DSL didn't have enough gain for rhythm, the rocker 30 has less than that man.

And horlicks-find a used RG550/570 for your FR equipped guitar.
Havent looked back since i got mine!

I tried an RG2550e before and didn't like the neck. Is the 550 any better?
Quote by Horlicks
I tried an RG2550e before and didn't like the neck. Is the 550 any better?

Mine is a bit different.
Original wizard seems a bit more comfy to me. I think its a bit more thin and more flat on the back of the neck. and the maple fretboard makes everything more sexy and feel better
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
No i ment on the clean/crunch channel the oranges dirty channel has more than enough. 666_pounder i dont suppose you be will to trade for a DSL would ya? :P

So is there nothing i could do the have FX running through the Rocker?
Well once iv sold my DSL ill see if you still got it because im sure i can get a little over £400 for it, so i might be able to get a train down there and collect it if you would be able to meet me at leicester train station. although this might be like 2-3 weeks away so its if you dont sell it and i can make it down there alright but its a possibility.