I just got an ibanez s series guitar for cheap from a pawn shop, which is awesome, its the guitar ive been after for ages. The problem is, its missing some pieces and 2 of the three pickups dont work. Im planning on throwing and fernandez sustainer on it *but only the sustainer, not the pickup. is that possible? Also, would the s series body be able to handle the extra routing?* and possibly a dimebucker on the bridge, pending suggestions. Im looking for good pickup suggestions for really heavy riffing on the bridge but also with really nice solo sounds for the neck *think All That Remains or Into Eternity type solos*. Also, any suggestions on the sustainer would be great. I'll post pictures of it tonight/tomorrow.
Quote by HomerHitter
I got a black Les Paul, and this Texan told me it wasn't as good as other color guitars becuse it was a 'nigger.'

Quote by spoonylove90

im not left handed i just have a mac btw.

Quote by NaivexLi
Yes...I named my penis Darth Vader.
i dont know if you can put in a sustainer without the pickup...i think thats the whole point of buying a sustainer kit. As for the pickups you should try the seymour duncan distortion mayhem set which is a distortion in the bridge possition and one in the neck (the neck pickup is calibrated so it has a little less output). you can also coil tap the pickups which will allow you to get strat-like like cleans
I wouldnt know how to go about coil tapping, but i'd be interested in it most definitely. And the sustainer is just a vibrating magnet that keeps the strings in motion, i wouldnt think the pickup would matter that much. I really want a fernandez because of the harmony/octave settings, if you need the pickup i may just build my own.
Quote by HomerHitter
I got a black Les Paul, and this Texan told me it wasn't as good as other color guitars becuse it was a 'nigger.'

Quote by spoonylove90

Quote by NaivexLi

Id love to put the sustainer, but im afraid the routing would go through the guitar. Also, i need some more pickup suggestions. Ill look into the distortion mayhem, would they be tappable?
Quote by HomerHitter

Quote by spoonylove90

Quote by NaivexLi
the sustainer is the pickup!!!! so no you cant do that
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
whatever the reason, I think that S has an original or Lo pro Edge, probably Lo-Pro
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I meant in this pack
http://www.fernandesguitars.com/fsk401.html
the sustainer has a pickup on it, but there is an additional humbucker, which i dont want. The problem is its all pre-wired and i dont really know how to wire all of this stuff together.

and speaking of the tremolo, does anybody know where i can get a replacement arm? it didnt come with one
Quote by HomerHitter

Quote by spoonylove90

Quote by NaivexLi
^I think the driver in Fernandes' sustainer can use any pickup in the bridge. And I think Sustainiac's can too. But you might as well poke around on their site a little and if you can't find your answer, send them a mail.

Oneblackened: It's Lo-Pro. You can see the string locks are right behind the saddle rather than on behind the fine tuners.
oh yeah, I see what you're saying.
TS: IIRC the Edge Pro Bar is the Edge bar.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.