Poll: will the london olympics be better than bejing?
Poll Options
View poll results: will the london olympics be better than bejing?
Yes!!!
32 34%
No!!!
25 27%
who cares!!!
36 39%
Voters: 93.
so the bejing olympics have concluded and the torch is handed over to london,

will the 2012 olympics be better than this years in terms of everything?
eats the funk, breathes the metal and dranks the blues
beijing Olympics already ended?

I only saw the opening
You like it
Only if the Marathon goes through the East End.

It'd be more of an obsticle course that way, avoiding people nicking your trainers and dodging people doing drive-by's.

Otherwise it'll just be the same but colder.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
no

It's amazing what you can do in a totalitarian state, especially when everyone's used to marching round in formation.
Last edited by SmarterChild at Aug 27, 2008,
no becuase were all gonna die 10/21/12 so dont get your hopes up
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
Is the awful logo still on?
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Hopefully the judging in certain events will be a little bit more...consistent in London
Quote by guitarhero_764

Chuck Norris>Pokemon>Us>You>Your mom>diglett

Grundy 1 Cancer 0
Quote by texico11
Atleast you will be able to see the runners in London.

I think it will be much better, we just have to be clever rather than spend loads of money, as a pose to the chinese with there infinite cash.

If we had Brian May playing God Save The Queen on top of the new stadium, that would be a hit. Things like that. We have alot of famous talented people, lets use them.

We could have that David Blaine on fire jumping from a plane with no parachute and landing in the torch (thus lighting it)

learn to speak english for starters.

also david blaine is american
Quote by sirshredalot86
this is not spam

I laugh, because you double posted. Therefore, SPAM!

Anyways... London should be fine. At least they won't be kicking people out of their country for opposing to things... and at least (hopefully) they won't replace their best singer with a more attractive one lip-syncing the good ones voice.
I will soon perish from this lethal injection called love.
I think it'll be good. Not as much of spectacle as Beijing but with the amount of analytical writing about the last Olympics on the BBC site I think they've got a cunning plan coming together..
That was a rare post..

My band on:myspace facebook UG
Leeds '07 '08 '09!
I don't know the answer, or have anything funny to say, but dude that is one sweet Bulbasaur avatar
Well, seeing as I moved to England last year and people still mention my Americanese, I'm hoping it doesn't. This way, I can laugh at all the British people who discriminate against me.

Although, if they get Brian May to play the Bohemian Rhapsody solo at the beginning, I wouldn't mind watching it....
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
no. with boris by our side together we can show the world what it means to be english! living a life of disappointment and anti climax
bill bailey ftw
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Quote by daniel.mycoe
Only if the Marathon goes through the East End.

It'd be more of an obsticle course that way, avoiding people nicking your trainers and dodging people doing drive-by's.

Otherwise it'll just be the same but colder.

I see you're a Lee Evans fan...

I don't think London's Olympics will be anywhere near as spectacular as Beijing's because of several things; ridiculous amount of security with weaponry, leona lewis + david beckham (he doesn't even live here, wtf) and most of all, the smuf, egotistical belief that most british keep that England is the most glorious country in the world, and our way of life is the way of life.

With Beijing, there was culture.
With London, there'll be Leona Lewis and fish 'n chips.
You do know that all the athletes who underperformed at Beijing were shot in the leg, right? Unless you plan on doing that as well, London, you're Olympics are gonna be a bit boring.

jk, but I'm not quite sure. The Beijing Olympics were quite good. They had a Chinese Death Star at the Opening Ceremony for f*ck's sake! And a guy who could actually wallk on all the pollution in the air.
it will be good.
buts that only if the stadiums ect actully get built
because at the moment we cant even get anyone to build to pool.
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
Unless an olympics involves ice it sucks. so it'll suck no more and no less. it'll just suck totally like most of the summer olympics.
No, and it's a waste of ****ing money. Apparently no one cares about the hundreds of other lottery projects that go without money so that we can watch folk do track & field.

/angry
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
this is why i like the winter olympics
it's all white people so it's well funded on its own.
So would i but it obviously gets less than the summer ones.
Quote by saitenslayer
no becuase were all gonna die 10/21/12 so dont get your hopes up

That would be after the Olympics

No it won't be better than Beijing. The problem won't be the events, I believe they will match the Beijing standard, but rather the bunch of annoying twats we have in this country that will no doubt go on a crime spree during the two weeks. Or maybe it will be the drunks that descend on the city at night.
Can't say I care too much but I think the people of London will ruin the games rather than the games being crap.

The ceremonies won't be anywhere near as grandiose but hopefully original.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Its gonna be terrible, terror attacks and what not. It would mean even more security than in Beijing 2008. Also if the GB team/individual loses the fans would turn into hooligans.

Also the stadium looks poo

Talking about no cover or what, England is known for rain and yet they have like no overhead cover.
Presentation/design wise? No.
Sporting wise? Yes.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Is that the 90,000 seater stadium that will become 20,000 after the games? Ridiculous.
Why didn't the FA just put a running track around Wembley?!

If we don't compete in the football the games will be ruined.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by texico11
Atleast you will be able to see the runners in London.

I think it will be much better, we just have to be clever rather than spend loads of money, as a pose to the chinese with there infinite cash.

If we had Brian May playing God Save The Queen on top of the new stadium, that would be a hit. Things like that. We have alot of famous talented people, lets use them.

We could have that David Blaine on fire jumping from a plane with no parachute and landing in the torch (thus lighting it)

I think you mean "as opposed to"
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!