If my guitar makes a buzzing noise, but the noise goes away when I touch something metal, like a volume knob or the bridge, does that mean it has a wiring problem? And if it is a problem, could it possibly be caused by a bad connection to a 9volt in the back of the guitar?
Quote by Death_To_Emo
Hey I said this once
it means there's a ground problem, meaning the circuit is poorly/not connected to a large piece of metal on the guitar

what kind of guitar is it?
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
Fernandes Ravelle. But I took it to a shop and the dude said there was nothing wrong with it.
EDIT: Oh you live kinda close where I live. I took it to the Music Box in Utica, if that means anything.
Quote by Death_To_Emo
Hey I said this once
oh yeah I've been there before, seems like an ok place

anyway I've never heard of that guitar before but I just googled it and it seems to me like it's probably similar to a les paul in wiring, if you have any experience with a soldering iron it's really an easy fix, just run a wire from one of the volume pots to the back of the bridge or a metal plate if it has it

for what it's worth here's a diagram:

http://www.lacemusic.com/wiring/pdf/5.pdf
Quote by Death_To_Emo
Fernandes Ravelle. But I took it to a shop and the dude said there was nothing wrong with it.
EDIT: Oh you live kinda close where I live. I took it to the Music Box in Utica, if that means anything.

At like 23 and Van Dyke? I live only a few miles away.
I don't really like that place... at all.
It is a wiring problem, something isn't grounded.
Well I don't really get it, but I'll see what I can do. Thanx.
Quote by Death_To_Emo
Hey I said this once
Quote by RPGoof

At like 23 and Van Dyke? I live only a few miles away.
I don't really like that place... at all.
It is a wiring problem, something isn't grounded.

ya I work out that way during the summer, compared to the place I go to at 10 and gratiot it does kind of suck though

damn if I wasn't moving back to ann arbor today i'd offer to take a look at it for you, the only advice I could give you is to find another place to take it in, if you're ever in the roseville area the place I mentioned earlier is called Joe's Music, they have good guys there and a good tech

good luck!
I was just thinking about what you said and that actually makes sense, but there's another problem with my guitar. I just wanted to make sure that there was something definitly wrong with my guitar and the dude at Music Box was wrong, so i didn't mention it. I wrote about it in this thread, which didn't really help me: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=944202
Quote by Death_To_Emo
Hey I said this once