how can i play through all 5 minor pentatonic postions at once.
Ive seen the diagrams with all postions along the fretboard but dont get how u can play all the postions in onle 'scale'!!!!

Help!!!
Quote by manish777
how can i play through all 5 minor pentatonic postions at once.
Ive seen the diagrams with all postions along the fretboard but dont get how u can play all the postions in onle 'scale'!!!!

Help!!!

Because it IS one scale...the minor petatonic scale only contains 5 notes, the patterns are just all the places those notes appear on the guitar.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
its called the CAGED sequence. The scales have two notes per string so think of them as two fretting patterns top and bottom of each of the scales. Youll notice that the bottom "row" of the C is the same shape as the top row of the A and the bottom of the a (straight across one fret for all strings) is the same as the top of the G and so on. They hook up together like puzzle peices in the order of C A G E D. Practice moving up and down one scale shape by sliding up or down on one note maybe on the fourth string and playing a form higher there on out till you get to the highest note of the scale. If you move up one position the note you end on will be one scale note higher.
However you want to, the scale is just all the notes you can use.

Scales aren't really something you play, they're just a collection of notes you can use however you see fit.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Yeah, If you were to play scales up and down you should probably play from root to root. Like when playing the major scale you can hear the "Do Re Mi".

But as Steven said, try not to think of them as scales. Try to think of them as notes.
What you want to do, is play the first position, either write some solos or improvise lots with this position, until you know it well, then learn the second positon and try moving between the two, do this over and over until you have all 5 positions down.