I was looking at buying a multi effects pedal with the USB feature (http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/products/g71ut/ more specifically)

Just wondering, would I be able to plug this directly into my PC via USB, without the use of an amp?
So I'd basically just plug my guitar into the multi effects pedal, and plug the pedal into my usb port in my computer, and the sound would go through my computer and come out my speakers?
Quote by Axis337
I was looking at buying a multi effects pedal with the USB feature (http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/products/g71ut/ more specifically)

Just wondering, would I be able to plug this directly into my PC via USB, without the use of an amp?
So I'd basically just plug my guitar into the multi effects pedal, and plug the pedal into my usb port in my computer, and the sound would go through my computer and come out my speakers?

I dont know about that model, but I have a gnx3000 and it plays through my speakers unless the amps on, then itll play through the amp.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
I have the Line 6 X3 Live and I haven't been able to figure out a way to listen to it through my computer using the USB as the audio record device. However, you could send the analog audio into the line in of your computer and monitor the analog audio while recording the USB digital audio. So it is possible to listen to the audio on your computer speakers.
I have the G7.1ut, and the USB idea behind it isn't bad for recording riffs that you don't want to forget about, but it's nothing special. I'm sure with a Lot of work with it you could figure it out. I know that the way it sounds through your amp sure as Hell doesn't sound like it does through the USB recording, so it'd take a lot of messing around with the pedal to get anything of a good tone through recording direct in through it's USB port.
I use mine in my effects loop of my amp for an acoustic simulator for cleans, chorus, flanger, delay, and a volume pedal that works as a good boost by itself.
USB on these pedals is fine for playing to PC. I get zero (or inaudible) latency. The key here is the sound card. If you don't have a good one or you have standard speakers it's not going to sound all that good.

These set ups are really best for recording, not as a long term amp replacement. I use my Digitech > USB > PC and run audacity if I just want to capture a riff or use for practicing/playback. But I'm doing differently is also running FX to amp so I can hear myself.

not sure if that helps or not. Either way, you are going to need some kind of software like audacity or guitar rig or something.