ok, you can see on my sig what gear i have...

im wondering which channel i should play on.... im playing in my student worship band as rhythm electric...the vocalist will be acoustic, and a friend of mine is lead...

he uses an epi lp custom stock & a marshall mg250dfx...

ill be playing with drums, the othet guitars, bass, violin, & keyboard so..

what do you think?

for those familiar with the 5150...im wondering if the crunch setting would be good..

ill mostly be doing heavy power chords, palmmuting, & maybe some other little things, but i need it distinct..

also...my amps loud as heck so...how loud do you think i can get it? we'll be in a gym

should i put it FARRRRR back on stage and face it away from the crowd or what?

i really want my emgs to scream and my tubes to saturate

thanks!

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Not a chance for that last part. Chances are if you're using lead channel you won't get it above 3, if that.

Experiment when you get there with having low gain lead channel, and high gain rhythm channel.

Can't really say more than that as I'm not there.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
id face it towards the crowd but dont stand in front of it. the drums should be the loudest thing so put it in front.

as for crunch you can always get a pedal to do the trick. personally i think the marshal head is good with crunch. the 5150... i havent played it but i wouldnt imagine it would be a crunch amp more than a wail amp, if you catch my drift.

if you really want the tone of your amp to shine but not drown out everyone else, try out a compressor.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
ok..but im playing tonight...and im straight to practice after work so no time for pedals or anything

the crunch is on the rhythm channel

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
I know, but the crunch and the bright switch I've found to be a big, meh.

I just think you could either do like pre gain on 3, and volume as high as you can on the lead channel.

Or pre gain on like 6, volume as high as you can on the rhythm channel.

As I said though, I can't make that choice for you, or give you any specific settings coz I'm not there.

No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
I know, but the crunch and the bright switch I've found to be a big, meh.

I just think you could either do like pre gain on 3, and volume as high as you can on the lead channel.

Or pre gain on like 6, volume as high as you can on the rhythm channel.

As I said though, I can't make that choice for you, or give you any specific settings coz I'm not there.

actually you make logical sense... when i was playing in my bedroom the other day; i found that lead at around 3/4 pre sounded a lot like crunch at 6/7 pre...

i might just tinker around during sound check....

the rhythm channel seems to get EXTREMELY loud on post when the pre is up..

not so much for the lead though

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Yea. Well for me they both go up pretty quick haha. I can't play in my room with it on post 4 on the lead channel.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau