it sounds like there trying to get back to the and justice for all/master of puppets style.

decent

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

I bet it's a RickRoll.

EDIT: that was disappointing...
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Yea, I listened to it this morning and didn't like it. It's way too Death Metalish IMO. I liked The Day That Never Comes though.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
I don't like it, personally.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
I thought this album, according to all the quotes and sources, was suppose to sound like Ride The Lightning? This sounds like Load/re-load. Just with more palm muting.
Live as a man. Die as a man. Become a man.

That's the proof of your incompetence, right there.
You lack the qualifications to exercise free will.
Am I the only one that thinks that Lars' drums on both of these singles were too loud?
Quote by masterk1818
I tell him to stop but he doesn't listen.

He just keeps thrusting

^Talking about his dog

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE

^if you don't get it, search for Duel of the Farts
Quote by black-sabbath
Yea, I listened to it this morning and didn't like it. It's way too Death Metalish IMO. I liked The Day That Never Comes though.

Death Metalish? You're ****ing kidding, right?
Quote by AA00P
Death Metalish? You're ****ing kidding, right?

I don't hear the Death Metal either...
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
idk, its like a modern Damage Inc. with bad production/mixing... or maybe im just not accustomed to Rick Rubin's style. He did a good job on the Bon Jovi, Slayer and Linkin Park records he produced but so far these Metallica singles are sounding like a work in progress.
Is it the youtube quality or did the guitars on this sound really sucky in most places? The vocals I liked though.
It's decent - I think the album will be pretty badass. It'll never be what people are expecting, but it'll be good. The two songs are already a huge step up from St Anger, so let's not complain and let them do their thing.

I might literally **** when the album comes out. I'm so excited.
My name is Marc! Silly username.
Quote by kaptink
Is it the youtube quality or did the guitars on this sound really sucky in most places? The vocals I liked though.

****ty youtube quality. go stream it from the 'tallica site if you want to hear it clearer.

I thought it seriouslly sucked. If they'd just left things at The Day That Never Comes I woulda bought the album without a second thought, but i'm wary now...
Only Metallica thread... meh

It's very good IMO. Althought I was just expecting more creativity from Kirk, I like this song very much. The vocals are good.
Born to lose, live to win.
Quote by NemesisX

I might literally **** when the album comes out. I'm so excited.

I **** everyday, but I guess I'm wierd like that.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by JohnPierre

I think it sucks.

Discuss

oh no u didn't!

i like that song!
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Not my fave but still good - feel it goes slightly ST ANGER on the chorus.

Please, WAIT FOR THE ALBUM BEFORE BASHING THE SOUND.
Quote by Moony_L
Only Metallica thread... meh

It's very good IMO. Althought I was just expecting more creativity from Kirk, I like this song very much. The vocals are good.

this
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
i think this album is gonna be sweet. i've liked the songs i've heard so far.
Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's why mankind is.

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/map /
an extaneous pile of ****

You can never fucking trust Canada when Canada decides to report on world news that doesn't concern Canada. Canada is only in it for Canada's sake. Canada doesn't even know Batman.

Fuck Canada
I wish Bob Rock didn't get James to change his singing style. For me, I think thats been the biggest sh1tter for everything after AJFA/Black album. And Lars, his drumming sounds like crap too. Seriously, have a good listen to Justice and focus on the drumming. It was perfect for the songs, it was huge and had feeling, and now it just seems he's trying to keep a fast pace, and thats it. The guitars just don't sound huge to me anymore and none of the riffs stand out. I gave it two good listens too and I can't recall the main riff. I know there was one but it just had no impact on me. A big reason I was a huge fan of Metallicas music (20+ years) was that they changed tempo and time with there riffs and build a lot of emotion. They just had the ability to put together way better riffs and song structure back then then they do now. It just sounds to mish mashed with not much really standing out. Kirks solo work was a bit disapointing too. I heard a bunch of lines that sound like they came of of other solos, with no real climax and a blah ending...I'm hoping for much better with the other tunes.
Last edited by DeanESPJackson at Aug 27, 2008,
Sounds like they need to re-mix it but maybe its just the quality of youtube.
Who Said Anything About A Signature ? ಠ_ಠ
Actually I take back a bit of what I said before after listening to it again. James singing is not so bad and its deffinately better than St. Anger. BUT, Kirks solo sounds like the one in Phantom Lord, anyone agree. I knew I heard it before, and like some have said, I think the mixing is not as good as it could be...I really wanna hear that heavy distorted guitar ya know.
I never particularly liked Metallica, but I liked Orion and Battery.

This new album won't make me change my mind, at least Load and Reload had balls...
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
The Drums Are So Loud >_<
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
I love it, it's the most like pure Metallica out of the the three songs i've heard and that, in my opinion that can only be a good thing
The vocals suck-diddly-uck. The guitars suck. The drums are annoying. This is pretty much my least favourite Metallica song. (Discounting the crappier songs from St. Anger)

Cyanide and Day That Never Comes were pretty sweet though.

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
I enjoyed this song after comparing this to St.Anger I feel they are trying to change back to their glory days as for the sound quality I think they are not going to give out the high quality version online and just put a much better version on the album also cyanide was one of my favs so far the song is quite catchy and pretty heavy I think they are really trying their best on this album I think this album be a mix of Black, Justice, and MOP which is not a really bad place to be
"I'm no professah!"
~Henry Rollins